Tri Glide LED Tail Lights

Hey JohnC.. I can understand your concerns. Since I have installed the LED tail lights and the LED tourpack lights, I have not had a single problem with any function. Nothing gets hot, amp gauge does not move, everything works just fine. When I asked my shop guys about any problems concerning all these electrical upgrades, they told me I would have no issues and said the system will easily handle what I wanted to do and more. So far they have been correct.

Trent - Those pics look great.

I really want to learn more about these new "plug and play" lights from HD and whether I will need a load controller or not. I want to change out my front turn signals to LED as well, but once you total up the cost of front and rear LED lights, a load contoller, and who knows what else, the cost seems a little prohibitive.

But then again, that's just me, and coming from a guy who just spent several hundred dollars converting the headlight and passing lights to LED...:Shrug:

Trent - One more question about your LED tail lights. Do they have any kind of "illumination window" either on top or on bottom of the lens for illuminating a license plate?

If so, that might be what's different about the forthcoming lights designed for the TriGlide; they would have no illumination window.

Hey JohnC...No.. my lights do not have the license plate light,, but the one that does will fit the Trike also. My dealer has them..And thanks to Nana for gettin' the photos to post!!!

Trent, pix are awesome. Thanks Nana!

I really love how the visors look on the headlight and passing lights. Had that same style on the SE Road King.

Nice job lighting up the rear end :10:

And last but not least, great choice on the windshield. It works even better than it looks. ;)

Thanks Trent. Your bike is lookin good. Thanks for keeping us posted on the progress of making it your special masterpiece..Ride Safe.....Ol' Man..ThumbUp

Great Job Bro! It's on the radar for me but far off.

Just wunderin' though, so it's lenses with all the wiring and the chrome plated (ABS plastic) covers for that price?

I can tell you all this, I have had people tell me when the sun hits the OEM set-up they light up and makes it hard tell when you are hitting your brakes or turn signals.

I plan on solving that with covers first.

Man, does it ever end...............

Rob

Thanks Guys! M.A.T. Yup... The wiring is all built into the new light. INSIDE the new light is a blue wire that is not plugged into anything,, after reading the instructions, I learned you have to plug the blue wire in to a jack INSIDE the new light. The instructions were very good. Then you just unplug the old, plug in the new, and screw it back together. Took me 15 minutes if that. So far, my ridin Buds have not seen any sunlight caused fade, which I tell them to look for. Hopefully will not have that problem. And...just when I think it is going to end, it dosn't! Cant wait to try out the new shield Bobs...seeing yours on BigBlue is what sold me!..And thnx again Nana!!!

Trent, nice looking trike. I like the HD LED tour-pak lights, wish HD would make those standard on the Triglide.

I have tour pak LED lights from Ride Time Technologies.....they are plug and play for Run-Brake-Turn. I have them so the side marker lights on the tour pak flash with that side turn signal (great side lane turning visibility), I also have the sequential turn signal lights (like the old late 60's Cougar and Thunderbird turn signals). All Ride Times stuff is plug and play to the Harley harness. I used their wiring pigtail for my trailer lights too,

Worth a look see:

Ride Time Technology - Innovative LED Lighting Products for Harley-Davidson Motorcycles

Another company I have used their stuff on my Street Rods is Shiney Hiney:

Shiny-Hiney.com

They have inline capacitors etc that can change existing LED to rapid fire flash on braking etc. They also have a page for motorcycle products. I'm actually thinking about the '39 Ford tear drop lights for my TriGlide. I have a pair on my '41 Ford Pickup....VERY attention getting and $ 115.00 a PAIR !! The only catch, and it's not that big a catch is wiring, they are not plug and play, but if you can read a schematic......there ya go. They also sell and '40 Ford chevron style light that might look good on a Tri.

taillights_1.jpg

Wow!! Those progressive scan lites are way nice!! I would have considered those had I seen them sooner. I do like the way the light bar goes all the way across the tourpack on the HD lights though.

M3...thnx...and yeah it is too bad they don't. I would have paid extra for them when I bought my TG.

Kinda surprised that I haven't heard any mention of hand signals used along with light's. I have always and still use hand signals when turning and stopping.

I dont like to take my hands off the grips when I am turning and stopping.

I didn't mean as you are turning, it's a little too late then! I always give a hand signal as I'm approaching a turn or stop. Then have both hands on the bars as I'm performing the turn. Added safety!!

Kinda surprised that I haven't heard any mention of hand signals used along with light's. I have always and still use hand signals when turning and stopping.

My hand signal is kind of rude, I only use it when I feel the need to show my displeasure:D.

My hand signal is kind of rude, I only use it when I feel the need to show my displeasure:D.

I've used a few of those hand signals as well. I got in the habit of using hand signals long before any kind of electronic communication was available. still use them in group rides and between my wife and I riding alone. I feel like my hand wave and signal will be seen as well as any light's. Daylight riding of course!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back