Kerrville Ride 2021

Don't forget to pack your rain gear and lightning rods.... looks like spring storms might be popping up.

OK, now you have put the JINX on us! This is Texas weather and it changes on a dime good or bad. The old adage April Showers brings Spring Flowers. That is what happens in Texas. So, DblTrbl is correct bring rain gear.

Since we are on a bike ride, we won't driving any jeep. I am looking at renting a jeep for the two days that we are there.

When ready to leave, just south of Arches entrance take 128 N up to I70 for short jump to Fruita, & look for the Col Natl Monument ride. That will take to to south side of Grans Junction & hookup with 50 east to Royal Gorge. Used to be able to ride across the Bridge, but last time there was after the fire & it was a No then.

Oil changed - Check.

New front tire - Check.

Baffles changed out in pipes - Check.

100 mile test ride to verify changes before heading to Texas - Mmmmm, still gotta do this....

Good thing weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow....

:)

ChuckleavesThursday

Well phooey!! Was hoping to meet you in person so we could kick Spyder tires!

So far, so good with it. The Helibars and backrest make all the difference in the world for me. I have read that getting away from the original factory tires will make another good difference but will wait until these start wearing down....not having a problem with that at this time.

Wishing you the best on the $$ situation.

Yes wear your stockers out first. The rear will go pretty soon,usually under 10,000 miles. The fronts will last forever since there is no weight on them. You will notice a big difference once all three are replaced.

Got snowshoes ? check

It's funny you say that.....

We're snowmobilers. I had to get the sleds out of the trailer, along w all our gear, to get things set up to load the Trike for this Texas trip.... And now it seems prudent to put some of the snowmobiling gear back in.....

:)

We are watching the forecast and luckily have some schedule flexibility. As of this morning our weather guys says there's a couple rounds of snow that are supposed to catch us this week.....

ChuckTrikeisloaded

Went over the TG a bit this weekend.

Put some miles on the new front tire.

American%20Elite%20156%20miles.jpg

Then spent 2 hours cleaning it for the first time in months...got it loaded up.

Clean%20loaded%20for%20Kerrville.jpg

Ready for some riding in Texas later this week!

Kevin

As of today.... 4/01/2021... Sister 337 is still closed and we had to detour south through Tarpley.. Beautiful weather and NO traffic to speak of... but the weekend is young and it is Easter so I expect traffic to pick up BIG TIME after today for a couple of days.

According to the Medina Prophet, it opened the ninth.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back