Kerrville Ride 2021

Good news! I saw a bunch of yellow and lavender wildflowers today. A few of the plants I had to cut way back are showing signs of life.

Not a lot of life, but there is hope where there was none.

We were going to run up to Willow City Loop to see if there were any Bluebonnets peeking out but decided instead to ride closer in... I bought Heli-Bars for the Spyder and we were trying them out yesterday and today...making adjustments. We did see about 10 cultivated Bluebonnets at a friend’s ranchita yard at Center Point today. Kinda worrisome...the Mesquites are NOT out up here yet....meaning we are looking for another freeze or maybe they just got stung a little hard during the Texas Deep Freeze week....we’ll see.

We were going to run up to Willow City Loop to see if there were any Bluebonnets peeking out but decided instead to ride closer in... I bought Heli-Bars for the Spyder and we were trying them out yesterday and today...making adjustments. We did see about 10 cultivated Bluebonnets at a friend’s ranchita yard at Center Point today. Kinda worrisome...the Mesquites are NOT out up here yet....meaning we are looking for another freeze or maybe they just got stung a little hard during the Texas Deep Freeze week....we’ll see.

Pat, Marty and I rode Willow City Loop yesterday. Saw lots of bluebonnets coming up. Thursday I was south of San Antonio, saw some really nice fields of bluebonnets.

I used to see fields like this back in the 80's and 90's but haven't seen them THIS heavy with Blues in a very long time. The farmers used to sprinkle lots of fields and pastures with the seed for just this type of effect. Also they would throw a lot of Indian Paintbrush seeds to contrast its reds with the Bluebonnets. Not sure if the seed was provided free back then or not...possibly by the Texas Tourism office or the Lady Bird Johnson Texas Wildflower Center in Austin...founded in 1982.

Pat, Marty and I rode Willow City Loop yesterday. Saw lots of bluebonnets coming up. Thursday I was south of San Antonio, saw some really nice fields of bluebonnets.

Hhmmm, thought you said not to go without you?? :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

I'll take a ride through the hill country a week before the rally. Since we will go down to LBJ ranch. there should be lot out there as well as around Willow City loop!

I'd like to go.....could meet you wherever

I used to see fields like this back in the 80's and 90's but haven't seen them THIS heavy with Blues in a very long time. The farmers used to sprinkle lots of fields and pastures with the seed for just this type of effect. Also they would throw a lot of Indian Paintbrush seeds to contrast its reds with the Bluebonnets. Not sure if the seed was provided free back then or not...possibly by the Texas Tourism office or the Lady Bird Johnson Texas Wildflower Center in Austin...founded in 1982.

Years ago the Texas Highway Department would seed state highway right of way shoulders too but that has gone by the way side.

Sunman

One of the sisters is having a facelift. TXDoT states that she will reopen 4/1/21. Could be an April Fools joke but we know how to detour.

As of today.... 4/01/2021... Sister 337 is still closed and we had to detour south through Tarpley.. Beautiful weather and NO traffic to speak of... but the weekend is young and it is Easter so I expect traffic to pick up BIG TIME after today for a couple of days.

Did a ride up to Willow City Loop today. I thought the Bluebonnet crop was fairly decent. There were tons of those tall white flowers... I don’t know what you call them. One pasture next to a rock home was thick with an all purple color flower... don’t know its proper name either. No Paintbrushes spotted anywhere.

Meandered back on country lanes.

88* and was a pretty breezy ride but nice sunshine!

Hows the new Spyder doing Paws? I was hoping to get over there this year but not going to happen. Major problems took most of my travel money.:gah:

Well phooey!! Was hoping to meet you in person so we could kick Spyder tires!

So far, so good with it. The Helibars and backrest make all the difference in the world for me. I have read that getting away from the original factory tires will make another good difference but will wait until these start wearing down....not having a problem with that at this time.

Wishing you the best on the $$ situation.

Hows the new Spyder doing Paws? I was hoping to get over there this year but not going to happen. Major problems took most of my travel money.:gah:

Well, dang nabbit Paul. I was looking forward to finally meeting you in person too. Hopefully there will be other times..... Jim

Back home after a week in Moab (UT) for Easter Jeep Safari. Got the Jeep cleaned up, and took the Trike for a 100 mile warm up ride. Service scheduled for the end of the week, then ready to head to Texas....

:)

Chuck

I need to pick your brain on Moab, will be going up there in about 4 weeks!

Pat

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back