It finally happened

Jul 20, 2009
Paris, tx USA
I have retired on may 30, and send my gl1800 off to be triked. Now the hard part; the waiting. I sent it thru H & W Honda in Marshall Texas. They were the nicest people! It is going to the motor trike factory hopefully this week!

Congrats,retirement is the best thing in the world for triking.Some one ask what your doing today(reply)what ever I want to.
If my little bride lets me.

Thanks all. Now I know what everyone was saying about "the wait," maybe someday we will meet up and enjoy a ride together dfndr. I will post Picts when I get it home. Already started on the honey do list, lol

You are going to be so happy with your new trike!! The folks at H & W Honda are so friendly and they work so well with the Motor Trike crew. I bought my Goldwing from H & W and they sent it to Troup to be triked for me.

I have toured the Motortrike plant several times since 2001. This is my third trike from them. Jeff and Diane Vey are wonderful people and even though they have expanded the plant quite a bit since my first tour they have always maintained a high quality of workmanship in every trike they produce.

Congratulations on your new ride. Since I'm only an hours ride from Paris, give a holler if you come this way.

Congratulation on retiring. You're retiring and getting a new trike all at once. I hope that doesn't put you on overload, having too much fun at once. I retired 2 years ago and still feel like a kid in a candy store. It's hard to believe I can really have all this much fun every day.

Congrats on your retirement! I'm envious. Have almost 39yrs with PPG/glass division but still have a little over 3yrs to go before I can join all of you.

Sounds like we need to have a weekend trike gathering in North Texas.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to be in your shoes this time next year, the end of June. If all goes well, that's when I plan to retire and hopefully buy another trike on or around that time. ENJOY! ThumbUp

Thanks all, and rmrc51 it will be here before u know it! It just seems like a long time! I am still waiting on my ride to return from mt. I know it is getting close. Maybe when it ces back we can get a ride together from the north Texas group.

Thanks all, and rmrc51 it will be here before u know it! It just seems like a long time! I am still waiting on my ride to return from mt. I know it is getting close. Maybe when it ces back we can get a ride together from the north Texas group.

JNorth,

If this coming year goes as fast as the last 20, June 2013 should be here within one week, lol. ;)

Please keep us posted regarding your GW conversion. Although I was always drawn to a Wing, the straight down foot position was never comfortable for me. Now that RoadSmith offers their new "Comfort Controls" for the wing, (see link below) a GW 1800 trike may very well be in my future. Time will tell. ThumbUp

New Goldwing Product Dramatically Improves Ride Position

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back