is this feasible for a trike ?

:wtg:

Sure is!!!

A friend of mine who owns a VW trike, has a carrier that is similar to this one and he towed another VW trike from Ft. Myers,Fl. to Orlando,Fl.

As long as there is not too much weight on the tongue, you should have no problems.

:Flag:

Lotsa of good fabrication time went into that one. Not enough engineering time, though. If the tow carrier does not either; 1)tilt clockwise and counterclockwise, or 2)pivot left and right, then it puts severe strain on the trike neck when turning. True comment - it's been discussed over and over again in trike forums.

I had something similar for awhile that worked quite well. But with one important difference -- mine swiveled from side to side. Like I said it worked quite well but was much more heavy than it needed to be, and I sold it several years ago. I've intended all along to get a new one built using aluminum rather than steel since I'd be towing with my VW Thing or my wife's Scion XB. There are several other choices on the market, but I don't think any of them swivel.

Bob Witte
The Trinity Trike

very informative comments -- thanks all :)

also, the price of this contraption is approaching that of a small trailer... storage space (of the trailer) would be an issue for me though

I would not want to put that much wear and tear on my tranny. U say you are in N. Got news for anyone that believes that. U R just turning everything from the rear wheels to the clutch just the same

A open trailer is not that costly.
Just bought a new trailer for $1,000. It is 77 inches inside and 12 feet long with loading ramp. Very easy to load and unload. you can not even tell it's back there with the trike on it.
Personally speaking I would not use one of those. but that's me.

I checked with a trike shop and he said that you would need to disconnect the driveshaft on Honda Gold Wings. Otherwise you will burn the tranny up!

I’ve towed both a motorcycle & a Trike a friend of mine use a hitch called a Smart Cycle Tow we have an outlet local to the surrey us border crossing I help move a Lehman tramp today see the YouTube for how it handles it comes with a locking pin to lock it up for reversing

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back