I can only shake my head at the latest excuse....

DblTrbl

Gold Member
Gold Member
Oct 19, 2014
Rochester, NH, USA
As most of you know, my bike build from hell as been ongoing since Oct 2014. I finally told this guy to get my white wall tire on the chrome rim, put on the rear fender tips and deliver the trike..........just forget about everything else....I will take care of it down the road....I'm not loosing anymore riding time waiting for him.

Well, Wednesday morning I called him to confirm delivery this morning @ 8am. He confirmed delivery was still on!!:clapping::clapping: I asked if there would be a current (2016) inspections sticker??:xzqxz: AAhhh, yes, we will put on one.......(great, glad I asked)

I'm a happy camper as when I get home from work Thursday morning he should pull up and deliver my trike...:pepper::pepper::pepper:

Then, I wake up at 8pm to get ready for work and there's an email........"not able to deliver tomorrow, reason my tech went home with morning sickness. I just called him and he is feeling better":xzqxz::xzqxz:

Ok, this is when I start shaking my head......"he went home with morning sickness".......

I'm not even going to question this.....LOL I got to admit it is an excuse that he has not used in the past.....:clapping::clapping:

Glad we no longer use film in our camera or it would be expired prior to delivery!! I will post a few pictures when it is delivered...

As most of you know, my bike build from hell as been ongoing since Oct 2014. I finally told this guy to get my white wall tire on the chrome rim, put on the rear fender tips and deliver the trike..........just forget about everything else....I will take care of it down the road....I'm not loosing anymore riding time waiting for him.

Well, Wednesday morning I called him to confirm delivery this morning @ 8am. He confirmed delivery was still on!!:clapping::clapping: I asked if there would be a current (2016) inspections sticker??:xzqxz: AAhhh, yes, we will put on one.......(great, glad I asked)

I'm a happy camper as when I get home from work Thursday morning he should pull up and deliver my trike...:pepper::pepper::pepper:

Then, I wake up at 8pm to get ready for work and there's an email........"not able to deliver tomorrow, reason my tech went home with morning sickness. I just called him and he is feeling better":xzqxz::xzqxz:

Ok, this is when I start shaking my head......"he went home with morning sickness".......

I'm not even going to question this.....LOL I got to admit it is an excuse that he has not used in the past.....:clapping::clapping:

Glad we no longer use film in our camera or it would be expired prior to delivery!! I will post a few pictures when it is delivered...

Morning sickness??? Why?... Were you the one responsible for his Tech becoming Pregnant :laugh:

Wow, just Wow.
This shop owner must not have any clue that his work, or lack thereof, is being watched by a # of us in the general area. Or...he just doesn't care:Shrug:
If the latter applies, this should serve as fair warning to anyone thinking of using his shop services in the future.
Please accept my apologies in advance; I had to laugh at your expense Dennis: "morning sickness" for a male tech!!!:p
When is it going to end???

Back in the 70s, before I realized I wasn't a people person, I managed a stock crew in a grocery store. In those days, 'morning sickness' meant someone got too drunk the night before to make it to work. :mad:

:Agree: smiles-drunkwbottle.gif

Back in the days before I admitted I was an alcoholic it meant the same thing!ThumbUp

As a follow on to my earlier post; don't settle for a 2016 safety inspection sticker, as the 2017's are out already. (After all he is responsible, directly or otherwise, for missing 10 months of riding on a 2016 sticker!)
Unless you don't mind going back, or somewhere else, to get "stickered" in 2 months/01 July...

I appreciate the offer to take pictures when it's done but I might not live that long!:D

Hang in there Mac... I'm absolutely sure I will get it before you die.....I think...LOL

You could have seen it in person when it was at Hannigan in Feb getting a few things "corrected"..

I actually flew into Nashville, rented a car and drove to Murray just to see for myself that he had actually taken it there and was working on it. Hats off to the folks at Hannigan!!! They do fantastic work and take pride in their product. They ended up replacing floorboards and body rather then spend the man hours trying to repair.

BTW, Murray is a nice town. Was great to find some good Mexican food. Who would have thought to look in KY for good Mexican food? I have some Air Force friends about 19 miles north of you and another one in Vienna IL which I got to see when visiting in Feb. First time I had seen any of them since 1991. Looking forward to riding that area next year if things work out.

Thank God this person didn't work for me, I'd have fired them long ago.

I threw a guy out of my shop for not knowing how to do a simple task on a GL1800. How many members here know where the spark plugs are on their GL1800? I get into my own little world when I build a trike and if you really want to 'Piss in my Wheaties' and you ask me where the spark plugs are on the bike and you went to MMI for training, graduated with honors and have Honda certification and you don't know where the plugs are now that gets my panties in a bunch and I get very angry and what came next was a bunch of very colorful language followed by "Get the F out of my shop!" :mad:

You'd have thought I asked him to pull the engine on a GL1200 and change the stator, now I'd expect you to ask me questions on that.

If you wonder where I got this trait from it would be from my Uncle who ran a machinery rebuilding shop and he really disliked goofy behavior and showed no mercy, he had no problem with firing goofy people. I worked for my Uncle while in high school many, many moons ago.

Sorry for the hi-jack, but I do feel better. :laugh:

Thank God this person didn't work for me, I'd have fired them long ago.

I threw a guy out of my shop for not knowing how to do a simple task on a GL1800. How many members here know where the spark plugs are on their GL1800? I get into my own little world when I build a trike and if you really want to 'Piss in my Wheaties' and you ask me where the spark plugs are on the bike and you went to MMI for training, graduated with honors and have Honda certification and you don't know where the plugs are now that gets my panties in a bunch and I get very angry and what came next was a bunch of very colorful language followed by "Get the F out of my shop!" :mad:

You'd have thought I asked him to pull the engine on a GL1200 and change the stator, now I'd expect you to ask me questions on that.

If you wonder where I got this trait from it would be from my Uncle who ran a machinery rebuilding shop and he really disliked goofy behavior and showed no mercy, he had no problem with firing goofy people. I worked for my Uncle while in high school many, many moons ago.

Sorry for the hi-jack, but I do feel better. :laugh:

The plugs are below the air filter somewhere:gah::xzqxz::Trike1:

Good guess. No they are hidden under the lower cylinder head cover, undo the five fasteners and there they are. :xszpv:

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 213
Good guess. No they are hidden under the lower cylinder head cover, undo the five fasteners and there they are. :xszpv:

Are you sure they are not in those little boxes in the trunk???:D

Trike Lady, I can appreciate what you wrote, I'm the same way.

To be honest, I really don't know why I have not gone postal on this guy. All I can come up with is that my mother is sending me all of the patience that she never used while she was alive.

I'm just looking for him to deliver so that I can cut all ties.

As a side note, I have been to his town for several things in the past 6 months and have met numerous business folks. When they found out I was having a trike built by this shop, they all shared stories before asking about my dealings with him. NON of them to a man can believe he has been in business for 40 years.

Hang in there Mac... I'm absolutely sure I will get it before you die.....I think...LOL

You could have seen it in person when it was at Hannigan in Feb getting a few things "corrected"..

I actually flew into Nashville, rented a car and drove to Murray just to see for myself that he had actually taken it there and was working on it. Hats off to the folks at Hannigan!!! They do fantastic work and take pride in their product. They ended up replacing floorboards and body rather then spend the man hours trying to repair.

BTW, Murray is a nice town. Was great to find some good Mexican food. Who would have thought to look in KY for good Mexican food? I have some Air Force friends about 19 miles north of you and another one in Vienna IL which I got to see when visiting in Feb. First time I had seen any of them since 1991. Looking forward to riding that area next year if things work out.

Well we do have lots of Mexicans here ,a lot of tobacco to work in and a lot of them seem to open restaurants in the area!

The folks at Hannigan do seem to be really nice and are very good with trikes.

I picked up a 08 Venture with a Hannigan kit back in February.

Haven't rode it but 1k miles so far, but hoping to change that soon.

When you make it back down here give me a shout and I'll show you around. Gonna try to to post a pic but so far all the pics I've tried to post of the Royal Star have been upside down!:confused::xzqxz:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 238
Well we do have lots of Mexicans here ,a lot of tobacco to work in and a lot of them seem to open restaurants in the area! The folks at Hannigan do seem to be really nice and are very good with trikes. I picked up a 08 Venture with a Hannigan kit back in February. Haven't rode it but 1k miles so far, but hoping to change that soon. When you make it back down here give me a shout and I'll show you around. Gonna try to to post a pic but so far all the pics I've tried to post of the Royal Star have been upside down!:confused::xzqxz:

Thanks for the offer. Hope to be able to schedule a stop either on the way or way back from WY/SD trip next summer. Will be on a tight schedule since I will only have 2 weeks. Already putting some tentative routes together.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back