How Many Have Had Their Triglide Fork Oil Changed?

That may be above my skill level. I like to do most of my own stuff I have the manuals but a walk through
step by step would be a blessing:LordHelp:

I wanted to install the Progressive Monotubes on my 2008 Ultra trike conversion and in contacting them they said that my inner fairing and my outer fairing had to be removed. Is this true?

I wanted to install the Progressive Monotubes on my 2008 Ultra trike conversion and in contacting them they said that my inner fairing and my outer fairing had to be removed. Is this true?

Naw their full of crap, the picture I posted in a reply above is how far I had to take my dads 09 Triglide apart to remove the fork legs. The one other thing I pull is the radio because sometimes you need to use a block of wood and a hammer to get the leg free. To pull the radio it helps to have long ball head allen wrenches.

Why would you have to disassemble the fork instead of just pulling the front wheel, removing the bolt in the end of the fork above the axle, take the cap off the top of the fork & drain the oil. Then reinstall the lower bolt & replace the oil in the top end with 10oz of oil???? (wet fork)
Just wondering............

- - - Updated - - -

do you recommend new rear air shocks seems i'am always adding air after a 100 or 200 mile ride .

Get a spray bottle with some dish soap & water for bubbles. Air up the shocks & get under & find out where the leak is. Usually just a bit of tightening will cure the problems. Much better than spending $$$ for shocks. That is unless you don't like the shocks that are already there.

Why would you have to disassemble the fork instead of just pulling the front wheel, removing the bolt in the end of the fork above the axle, take the cap off the top of the fork & drain the oil. Then reinstall the lower bolt & replace the oil in the top end with 10oz of oil???? (wet fork)
Just wondering............

IMO I'd rather disassemble them so I could inspect the bushing and clean them real good. Just draining them doesn't get the sludge that collects out. When I lowered my 06 Ultra the front end only had about 10,000 miles on it, the oil was black as tar. I think Harley did folks a disservice by pushing out the fork service to 50,000 miles. My buddy who pulled the fork legs apart from my dads 09 with about 43,000 miles on them said his only suspension was the front tire, the forks were all gummed up with sludge.

Naw their full of crap, the picture I posted in a reply above is how far I had to take my dads 09 Triglide apart to remove the fork legs. The one other thing I pull is the radio because sometimes you need to use a block of wood and a hammer to get the leg free. To pull the radio it helps to have long ball head allen wrenches.

Glad to know the truth. I have a rake kit on my trike. You think that it will give me any issues in disassembly?

Glad to know the truth. I have a rake kit on my trike. You think that it will give me any issues in disassembly?

The rake kit shouldn't cause you any issues. The best thing you can have if you don't already is the service manual for your model and model year bike.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back