How did you become a triker?

Me i was forced to change i rode Motorbikes from 16-25yrs old as a crazy dispatch ride in London & Europe Carry stuff from the uk as far as the toe of Italy by motorcycle then Rode From 25-40 yrs old as avolounteer blood runner & marshal & first aid Motorcyclist while working as a beer taster
BUT in 2004 i was in London when i was hit by a lady 3 times in the same crash i was knocked off the reversed over the driven over a 2nd possibly third time this forced my Left/h foot peg to pass through what was left of my knee cutting all feeling to my leg below the knee i walked with a limp when did start to walk but had no idea of where or what my foot was doing i had 36 fractures in the left leg alone so i was told the chances of surviving another motorcycle crash without losing my lower left was slim so i sold all my motorcycle this ranged at the time i owned a formidable stable they ranged from a 1979 Suzuki ZRX1 50cc 1980 Yamaha Fise 50cc 1982 Suzuki Er 100cc 1970's Kawasaki Z200 & Z250 1982 Suzuki X7 19?? Honda 500cc Ascot, 1996 Suzuki VS 600 1998 Suzuki 650cc Savage 1998 Suzuki VS 700 1998 Suzuki VS 750 1999 Suzuki VS 800 & my pride & joins 1970 BSA Bantam & 1941 RAF BSA Marshall Bike As used on Malta..

The National Association for Bikers with a Disability Located A RCAF trike which i bought & restored The Canadian Veteran Affairs got me on program to walk unaided i took my test here in bc on a trike & hold a Class 52 Three Wheel Only license..

After a heavy fall from ladders in 2006,collapsed discs,broken ribs etc.Riding motorcycles which i'd enjoyed since the early 70's came to an end.Became a member of national association bikers with a disability(NABD) and with advice from members i purchased a Honda Goldwing GL1500 motorcycle in 2008.Which was triked in 2010 with a tri wing trike kit and with help with a grant from the NABD for build cost and Kliktronic K Twin brake levers.
I have so far had an enjoyable 7500 mile attending rallies and meets in the UK and Ireland.

bought this beautiful '07 sportster but just kept dropping it. Went to florida on vacation, stopped in daytona beach at destination daytona. The trike shop was there and they had a sportster roadsmith trike on the showroom floor. That was it, i had to have one. When we got home the conversion began. Well sometimes i find things happen for a reason because while i was waiting on that trike to be built i had 2 accidental falls resulting in repeated surgeries on my arm. I just was never meant to be on 2 wheels. Well last month we went to florida on vacation and guess what? We went to the trike shop and they had this '11 hd ultra classic limited roadsmith trike on the showroom floor....and it's mine now!

"congrats"

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back