Helmets/face shield/goggles ?

Looking for info on helmets/face shield/goggles that work well in the rain, if there is any such animal. I have to wear my glasses when I drive and have had the best luck with goggles over my glasses.

Years ago I saw one style of Harley glove has a rubber squeegee on the index finger to wipe the face shield or glasses, it worked well. Not sure if they still make them. I live in Phoenix, AZ so I have no clue about rain, LOL

Years ago I saw one style of Harley glove has a rubber squeegee on the index finger to wipe the face shield or glasses, it worked well. Not sure if they still make them. I live in Phoenix, AZ so I have no clue about rain, LOL

I have not seen any gloves like that, but it is an interesting idea. Thanks

In the rain if you put a good coating of Rain-X the water won't stay on the shield. Pledge works well also, but not as well as Rain-X. Also works for glasses. Somewhere I have a bunch of Rain-X cloths that work great also.

A good coat of wax will work great.
Lizard, I was going to mention aerostich also. They have one of the best catalogs on the market. I love their 2 finger rain cover.

I would check on anything you put RainX on - unless it's RainX for plastics. Regular RainX will harm your windshield, face shield or glasses.

I have a snap on flip-up shield for my half helmet. works great. When it starts to rain, I just pop off the visor and snap on the shield.

At one time I was thinking on buying that stuff motocross riders have - peelable face shield covers. As your shield gets dirty, you just peel off a layer until the next one gets dirty etc. etc.

Looking for info on helmets/face shield/goggles that work well in the rain, if there is any such animal. I have to wear my glasses when I drive and have had the best luck with goggles over my glasses.

Wife and I both wear glasses. For about $300 you can get a great pair of prescription goggles. Progressive lenses with transition coating. Rubber eye cups. We both have 'shorty' windshields that for the most part push the rain up and over out heads. RainX works very well for the stuff that gets through. Hell, what's a little rain !

I would be careful with Rain-X. My wife ruined a Harley windshield and a face shield with Rain-X.

I haven't had any problems with Rain-X on the windshield, but there is a good coat of Pledge on all the time also. But Rain-X says not to use it on plastics on their web page. That includes the anti fog also.
Guess I'm just lucky. I won't do that anymore.
pepper

I use a Nolan Modular helmet. Plenty of clearance for my glasses.

With it "open" it is in effect a 3/4 helmet.

When it is closed, it is in effect a full face. I rarely lower the face shield.

However, when it is raining hard or when it is cold, I will lower the shield.

I ride in the rain a lot, and in the cold some, it is very effective in both.

Just yesterday I had 5 appointments spread out over two States. Was riding all day in high 20's low 30's. Worked great.

Kevin

I wear an Arai 3/4 helmet with face shield. I use Plexus or Honda's plastic cleaner on the outside of the face shield.

Here in Southeast Alaska, where it rains a lot, we have a problem with the inside of the face shield fogging. I use an anti-fog visor insert to help with that.

Good luck in your quest!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back