HEIM / Spherical Rod Ends PTFE NYLON Isolated Greaseable

PLEASE end this thread. Been going on forever. The wind was knocked out of it a while back :gah:

I have a gl1800 with a motor trike conversion. My rear end is lower on the right side by close to an inch. I have checked my cross bars and they are both easily movable with thumb and finger. I understand I need to disconnect the ladder bar on the lower joint on the low side and unscrew it a couple of turns. Will that be enough to raise my 1 inch or so. I just installed the larger air bags and have been very pleased with them. What should I run my shocks on . Now I have them backed off all the way. I am thinking two clicks. Thanks for the info....Oh I do have a solid axle.

yes you will need to adjust the lower heim on the low side i would go 3 turns then check the height. then your going to have to re-adjust the cross bars because that will change to. also keep in mind, do not go by a measurement from the body to the floor as to whether or not it is level. a more accurate way to tell is the front tire. measure from center of the tire to the edge of the contact wear. it should be even.

as far as your shocks. set them on the lowest setting and put alittle more air in the bags. it will ride much better.

reason i say don't go by the body. is because if you look under the rear you will see washers between the body and the frame. a body can be shimmed to make it look level or uneven.

yes you will need to adjust the lower heim on the low side i would go 3 turns then check the height. then your going to have to re-adjust the cross bars because that will change to. also keep in mind, do not go by a measurement from the body to the floor as to whether or not it is level. a more accurate way to tell is the front tire. measure from center of the tire to the edge of the contact wear. it should be even.

as far as your shocks. set them on the lowest setting and put alittle more air in the bags. it will ride much better.

reason i say don't go by the body. is because if you look under the rear you will see washers between the body and the frame. a body can be shimmed to make it look level or uneven.

Thanks Lonerider for the good info. I will get on the adjustment. I am thinking I will run from 15 to 20 lbs in the new air bags. And leave the shocks on the lowest setting. This is my second trike, both being Motortrike solid axle

. Would kinda like a Roadsmith because they a bit longer