HD Dealer 0% Financing.

MDF48

250+ Posts
Feb 1, 2016
Pelham AL USA
I thought I would post this as I have seen several threads and post the last few months on financing. I have received 2 emails from Pensacola Harley Davidson the last few weeks. The first one ended a couple of days ago, but now they have extended it to July 23-29. They are offering 0% APR on NEW bikes. Of course the usual requirement of "subject to credit approval" applies. Anyway, thought some of you might be interested in this. I am sure other HD dealers are probably offering this also. You can't beat 0% interest.......IF they give a good deal on the bike you want. Check around, some of your local dealers might be offering this also.

Never got a loan for any HD I ever bought. Always self financed.Putting the payments away every month for 4-5 years then paying cash.Same with cars and pickup trucks.Only thing I've ever financed is property and semi-trucks.If it don't make me money I pay cash.

Glad you can.

Never got a loan for any HD I ever bought. Always self financed.Putting the payments away every month for 4-5 years then paying cash.Same with cars and pickup trucks.Only thing I've ever financed is property and semi-trucks.If it don't make me money I pay cash.

:clapping:I am glad you are able to do that, but a lot of people can't. I bought a new vehicle a couple of years ago and was prepared to pay cash. However they had 0% at the time. So, I paid half down and financed the rest. Like I said, 0% is hard to beat if you can't pay cash. I didn't post this to do a survey about paying cash. :confused:

:clapping:I am glad you are able to do that, but a lot of people can't. I bought a new vehicle a couple of years ago and was prepared to pay cash. However they had 0% at the time. So, I paid half down and financed the rest. Like I said, 0% is hard to beat if you can't pay cash. I didn't post this to do a survey about paying cash. :confused:

EXELLENT idea!

If bikes are like cars regarding financing you can't barter with them a lot. The money they "lose" in the original deal is payed back through financing interest.

I was going to buy a truck with O interest, the sales manger (I knew him well) advised me to pay interest as they could negotiate the final price better.

Just a FYI

I just got a check for my totaled TriGlide. I'm going to charge my next bike with my H-D credit card and then pay it off when the invoice comes. That way I'll get $300 back in Chrome Cash. Better then paying cash. Unless they give me a better cash price.

That is great about the HD 0.0% financing. Free use of other peoples money, even if you have the cash.

Tonight I am flying out of town to pick up a new F150 for Mary...replacing her 2011 F150.

I called around the country, cut the best deal I could find, then AFTER that used the current Ford Credit program of 0.0% financing, with as little down as possible. Did not change the price at all...that was already negotiated.

Kevin

I just got a check for my totaled TriGlide. I'm going to charge my next bike with my H-D credit card and then pay it off when the invoice comes. That way I'll get $300 back in Chrome Cash. Better then paying cash. Unless they give me a better cash price.

That would be great if your dealer would let you do it. Mine would not as they have to pay a % to the credit card company and he was not willing to do that. Let us know if this works for you please.

That is great about the HD 0.0% financing. Free use of other peoples money, even if you have the cash.

Tonight I am flying out of town to pick up a new F150 for Mary...replacing her 2011 F150.

I called around the country, cut the best deal I could find, then AFTER that used the current Ford Credit program of 0.0% financing, with as little down as possible. Did not change the price at all...that was already negotiated.

Kevin

Are you leaving Mary to the wilds of Wyoming, Idaho, etc? Or, are you 2 already back home?:xzqxz:

Nothing is free. The dealer or manufacturer is paying a premium to lender to carry the loan.this premium is added to price of the vehicle. That’s why you often get better price by paying cash.

But the manufacturer OWNS the lender. They are transferring money from their left pocket to their right pocket. And as far as the dealer, if the lender offers 2% and he can sell you on 3%, then he has just pocketed the 1% premium that you will be paying. I would think the best deal would be to allow the dealer to finance the deal, negotiating your best price, without beating him up on the rate. When the first payment is due, pay it off.....of course that wouldn't apply to 0%....

I could be wrong, I have been before and likely will be again at some point.

Lon

he gunsmith I used to help out wanted to retire to the Abilene area. So he gets in touch with a realtor in Coleman and gets in his plane and flys out there with a brief case. He found a place he wanted than asked the realtor what would be the best cash price as he opened the brief case and paid it all in 50.00 bills as every 50 that came into the shop he considered it a 5 and stuck it in his pocket. Now THAT'S paying cash.

Kevin

Keven I did the same on my old truck, I wanted a Toyota and shopped for a while. I stopped at my home dealer, just to look and they was running o.o % after I paid on it for a while I thought I will just pay it off, then I thought I do not save any thing, so just paid on it itil I had it paid off. same a cash but still had the money in the bank.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back