Has Everyone Changed Their Pin # From The Factory Setting.

Nope, only TG’s. Unless ya got a factory radidio.!:Shrug:

My Freewheeler has a pin code; they all do. If you loose the FOB or the FOB battery goes dead you have to punch in a pin number to start the bike. Check the owners manual.

The salesman pointed it out to me when I took delivery. He said a couple of times technicians that were working on bikes left the FOB on their work bench when they went to test ride a bike and if they turned the bike off while out on the test ride they couldn't start it again until someone brought them the FOB. They change the factory pin code setting to 12345 on all of the bikes they get in to solve this issue.

Sure enough mine was set at 12345 when I picked it up. Changed it to my birthday when I got home.

Sunman

My Freewheeler has a pin code; they all do. If you loose the FOB or the FOB battery goes dead you have to punch in a pin number to start the bike. Check the owners manual.

The salesman pointed it out to me when I took delivery. He said a couple of times technicians that were working on bikes left the FOB on their work bench when they went to test ride a bike and if they turned the bike off while out on the test ride they couldn't start it again until someone brought them the FOB. They change the factory pin code setting to 12345 on all of the bikes they get in to solve this issue.

Sure enough mine was set at 12345 when I picked it up. Changed it to my birthday when I got home.

Sunman

FYI-

Not all Frewheelers have a pin code... The pin code is for the Smart Security System, (commonly an included accessory). The SSS is in fact an option. In other words, there are many Freewheelers without the SSS, and likewise, no pin code.

I say this because the dealer had to do a search for a 2017 Vivid Black Freewheeler when I purchased mine. The closest one with SSS was 3 weeks away, the closest one without SSS was 2 days away... You can guess that I took the non-SSS trike!

I added the SSS later tho!

Reset PIN Help Please

UPDATE- After doing the exact same thing for the 8th time, something finally clicked and I was able to change the code. Must be a precise timing thing.

Never knew anything about this code until today. 2016 Tri Glide and battery went dead in the key fob. Guess I have been living under a rock. I've read the manual. I've watched 3 different videos. For some reason I simply cannot get the program to come up that allows me to change the code. No problem starting the motorcycle using the factory code. And yes I have a working key fob with me when trying to change the code. I'm completely missing something in the process, or mine just isn't working like it should. Help please!!!

Reactions: MDO
Just to Add.........With my 17 Tri, I changed the pin#.....And one time i left the trike for service.....And i forgot to leave the FOB......And i never told the dealer/service writer what the new pin was......And they had no trouble starting it and then riding it to make sure everything was done right.....When i asked them how did you get it running without the FOB/PIN#....They just said, We have ways....:Shrug:...

Yep Sure did... but I gotta say. I busted a gut! when the sales guy asked me "What do you want your PIN to be" !!!!

I said...pointy and sharp? not really... I just looked at him and said "what?" Then he explained and I started laughing

My bikes (except for the Heritage Sideacar rig) did not even have a key. So the idea of a PIN to start the bike was WAY too damn funny to me.

Just to Add.........With my 17 Tri, I changed the pin#.....And one time i left the trike for service.....And i forgot to leave the FOB......And i never told the dealer/service writer what the new pin was......And they had no trouble starting it and then riding it to make sure everything was done right.....When i asked them how did you get it running without the FOB/PIN#....They just said, We have ways....:Shrug:...

I am not surprised, I bet the digital technician can see that on your ECM:p

Reactions: MDO

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back