Handlebars

I have the Yaffe Classic Bagger Apes on my 2012 TG. Being 6 ft. tall, I didn't need any pull-back but I did need some additional height. With the stock bars, I felt my hands were too close to my knees. The new bars were just what I needed. They raised my hands about 2 inches, putting them about even with the top edge of the fairing. I'm very happy with them.

Trike_14.jpg

Trike_10.jpg

Trike_12.jpg

(Click on images for full-size photos)

I have the Yaffe Classic Bagger Apes on my 2012 TG. Being 6 ft. tall, I didn't need any pull-back but I did need some additional height. With the stock bars, I felt my hands were too close to my knees. The new bars were just what I needed. They raised my hands about 2 inches, putting them about even with the top edge of the fairing. I'm very happy with them.

Trike_14.jpg

Trike_10.jpg

Trike_12.jpg

(Click on images for full-size photos)

Very nice looking bike. Thanks for taking the time to post the pics.
Since you changed the brake line, did you use the stock length, or go over some?

Got the 2" pullback bars and love them. I've had them since new in 2011.

Many people agree with you on those bars. Just a quick check out of them, they didn't feel right to me. Like many things, sometimes you need to get use to them.
In less than a month I'm leaving for Colorado Springs. Then Salmon Valley Idaho. From there, either Glacier or Yellowstone.
Wish I had time to test them on a long ride 1st, but going to leave here with either the Yaffe 10" bars or the KW 2+2's.
Ordered both sets over a week ago. Neither here yet.
Also ordered +4 clutch cable, due any day.
The SE TBW thing, and trans gasket were in stock.

I have the 2" pullbacks fron Harley on my Tri, & while they helped a lot, I would also like to have the 2" raise the 2+2'S would offer. The only drawback would be having to replace the brake line, & clutch cable. Everything fits with just the 2' pullbacks.
Ride Safe Ride often...:Trike1:

After going back and forth, installing the Yaffe 10" Classic Bagger Apes and the Khrome Werks 2+2's several times. Wound up with the 2+2's.
Yaffe bars felt good also, but in the end, the 2+2's reduced my reach more.

Besides for the feel from my having hands further back and higher, was surprised how it seemed to reduce the turning effort. I'm sure some of this is due to the bars being a couple inches wider, but it seems more than that. Maybe the bars being higher, causing you to push/pull at closer to a horizontal plane???? That stuff is over my head, just know it seems easier to turn.

Parts needed. SE throttle, and +4" clutch cable. You need every mm of that 4", it was close. Stock front brake line was perfect. All other wiring was good, nothing rerouted. This was externally wired. Doubt if the same would be true internally wired.

Issues; When finishing up, went to plug in the SE throttle plug. Wouldn't seat. Found that the white insert in the plug wasn't all the way back. Getting it to go back with all the pins already in place was more difficult than you might think.
Clutch cable; +4" with 3.5" travel. Very little slack in the adjuster. Almost had to back off the clutch to get the cable on.
Went ahead and adjusted the clutch. With everything adjusted, clutch cable adjuster is 1/4" from being fully collapsed.
Couple test rides, all good there. Just don't know why it turned out that way.

I was going to put a set of KW's on a softail Deluxe, sold the Lux for the TG. Still have the bars. The nice thing is the hand position, your wrist are straight down from our arms, not tweeked out a little as on the stock bars. Post some pics when you get back

Karen

I was going to put a set of KW's on a softail Deluxe, sold the Lux for the TG. Still have the bars. The nice thing is the hand position, your wrist are straight down from our arms, not tweeked out a little as on the stock bars. Post some pics when you get back

Karen

Wasn't sure I was going to like the wrist position, Karen. After a few miles, yes, big improvement....

Will be out of town for a week or so, but will be back for a few days before my ride out west. Will post some pics then.

Tom

I put the Harley 2" pull backs at the dealer 600 bucks I had them change clutch cable while in the process all for the same price . another dealer wanted 1300 if it is not abs brakes it should not cost more then 600 2011 tryglide

I have an 09 Ultra converted with a Lehman. I believe that the standard bars on it are 8". If I go to the 10" Would I really need to change all the lines connected? ( Brake, Clutch, and Throttle) Just seems to be such a small move.

I have a bad neck and back. Lots of pain between shoulders on road trips.
Had the same problem on 2 wheels, but it is worse with the trike.
Looking at some new bars.
These are the sets I'm looking at.

Khrome Werks 1" Chrome 2+2 Sweeper

Yaffe Classic Bagger Apes, 10"
Part # BA-10-C / 10” Bagger Apes
[url=http://www.baggernation.com/products-bars.htm]Paul Yaffe's Bagger Nation

Yaffe doesn't provide the dimension on their site.
Emailed for them.

Anyone using either of bars?
If so. How does the rise, pullback, and width compare to stock?
HAVE YOU LOOKED AT WO575 HANDLEBARS??
GREAT FOR SHORT-ARMED AND SHORT IN HEIGHT TYPE PEOPLE, like me.

Hello Everyone, I used the Harley 2" pullback Bars, part number 56176-08, cost 127.13.

After reading and talking to some Harley Tech it was advised that I purchase the twist grip sensor, as the wires are very thin and have a tendency to break when pulling the connector apart. Part number 32310-08, cost 85.19

I also purchased new grips which cost me 58.06, shipping for everything was 21.63 and 3.00 for shipping insurance.

Grand Total 285.01

I installed the bars myself in about and hour. Used the same break hoses and clutch cable, however I had to re-route the clutch cable inside the fairing so it would be long enough.

Just came back from a 2840 mile trip, no sore shoulders, no neck pain and no problems reaching the bars, was very comfortable, as one could be on a Harley. Very happy I purchased the twist grip sensor, which made replacement very simple.

Good Luck!
I am going to do the same bar on my 2011 Tri Glide also, but I am being told that the 32310-08 does not work on a Tri Glide.

Higher Handlebars

I am confused what works with Trike and what doesn't? I have 2014 Tri-Glide and the 32310-08 CVO throttle side sensor says it won't work with trike? Can somebody confirm it works on trike or not...I want to eliminate the green plug. I am thinking of cutting it off and solder but that is risky with my solder skills?

Any other advice on what bars and wiring you ended up with on your rushmore trike or other models will be listened to.
Thanks
Hap

Look at the Hiel bars. They are adjustable in more ways. Up, Down, to the side, etc. We have them on our 1200 sportster Roadsmith. They are a little pricey, but worth every penny

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back