Handle bar issues 2010 RSV

Aug 8, 2013
Elkins Wv
I have a Hannigan 2010 RSV, it has the Steer Lite, I have installed 1.5" risers... the problem is the handlebar caps will hit the switch and switch cover .... anybody else have this problem? Solutions?

That is a common problem when using the Barons risers, It will eventually crack the switch cover. The only option you have is to install Flanders G2 handlebars and longer cables. They are pricey but do make a big difference in reach and steering effort. The problem is worst when you have the chrome switch cover.

I'm not sure if you are aware or not that a member here makes and sell an auxiliary fuel tank and lift adapter for the RSV Hannigan conversion, contact Carbon One (Larry) if you're interested. Both work great.ThumbUp

Yah! What Jay said!

You can always cut out the area out of the cover, decide just how often you steer lock to lock, or buy the Flanders bars and longer cables. That's the route I'm going, the Barons are already on, the Flanders bars along with 4" longer cables are happening this spring. You don't have to go a full 4", 3" should do it but I wanted lots extra. You may or may not get by with 2". I'm sure by now you have noticed that with the stock cables and the Barons when you steer it full turn in one direction the idle goes way up...

Yah! What Jay said!

You can always cut out the area out of the cover, decide just how often you steer lock to lock, or buy the Flanders bars and longer cables. That's the route I'm going, the Barons are already on, the Flanders bars along with 4" longer cables are happening this spring. You don't have to go a full 4", 3" should do it but I wanted lots extra. You may or may not get by with 2". I'm sure by now you have noticed that with the stock cables and the Barons when you steer it full turn in one direction the idle goes way up...
Bob, if you reroute the cables it'll take care of that hi idle. I'm putting RSTD bars on mine this spring.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back