Gun Owners

Re: Guns?

For CC I use a Colt MK IV. It goes in the pants belt clip. The Star 40 goes in the vest for riding. I guess if I didn't have such a bad Harley habit I could afford one of the XPS 45's. I'm kinda 45 poor right now, 45' 1911 Colt, Colt 45' 1911 Clark longslide, Colt MK IV, Para Ordnance P13-45, Colt 1911 Clark longslide 400 Corbon .
Ya know, I used to carry around a .25cal auto for CC. Just because it was easy to conceal until things happened one day where I was almost forced into using it ! Scared the hell out of me ! It stays in the gun safe. Nothing less than 40cal !

It's a little front heavy and will pull left 2" @ 20' but on plane. I need the sights aligned properly as they aren't aligned from Springfield. Back sight is a touch right and the front a touch left visually. I practice with a Smith that will push them for me.

The kick is lighter than the Glock 36 (45 slim) I had even my Glock 23 (40 mid). Good news it fits all my Glock holsters including the Crossbreed. The holster that comes with it is useless at best, so is the clip holster.

It comes with a red fiber optic front sight that is very cool and two back straps to help fit your hand. I really find the mags long enough and don't need the little finger on the grip while using this gun. As far as pricing... shops are all over the map so look around.

XD-S Compact 45ACP Pistol | Springfield Armory USA

On a side note...

911td.jpg

:D:D

I like your signThumbUp. I used to have a 4" barrel XD in 40 cal, nice shooting gun, just didn't care for the double stack mag and the length. Somewhere down the road I'll pick up a XDs once I get chance to fondle one at the local gun shop.

I used to carry around a .25cal auto for CC. Just because it was easy to conceal until things happened one day where I was almost forced into using it ! Scared the hell out of me ! It stays in the gun safe. Nothing less than 40cal !

Did the same for a while, right behind my wallet. Until.... at a job one evening on a roof top I heard a window shatter. Looking over the edge I saw a boy running like crazy with a microwave I had put in the passenger seat of my truck. He smashed the window, did a snatch and grab and hauled booty. I realized that the Colt was useless except as a noise maker.

Started to carry a 9 in my tool pouch after that, then a 1911 Llama 9 in the truck. That didn't work for long so went to an old beat up Taurus 40 cal IWB.

Funny thing about that microwave, except for me having to replace the window, it was fried and was headed to the dumpster anyway. Must have been funny watching him tell his Mamma what he got her. ThumbUp

Mike... thought about putting that sign by the mailbox but someone would steal it. :D:D

Funny thing about that microwave, except for me having to replace the window, it was fried and was headed to the dumpster anyway. Must have been funny watching him tell his Mamma what he got her. ThumbUp

Mike... thought about putting that sign by the mailbox but someone would steal it. :D:D

:laugh: The look on the punks face when he plugged it in only to find out it didn't work would be priceless.

LOL... I caged all of my service truck windows and installed OHSA dividers. Next time I'll just leave the microwave on the ground. :D:D

We still get bricked from time to time so we carry nothing of importance in the front cabs anymore. Not even broken stuff.

Thanks much for your informative input and experienced take on the XDS-45 Mr. Wizard. ThumbUp

Mine with XD Gear (and stocking stuffer 7 rnd ext mag & Hornadys) is reserved and waiting in box at my local Shop for pick up by the kind and lovely Mrs. Claus Saturday morning.
It will have to sit wrapped under the tree till Christmas morning.
Haven't felt anticipation and impatience like this for that morning in a long long time.
Actually kinda cool. :D
A Merry Christmas indeed.

Thanks much for your informative input and experienced take on the XDS-45 Mr. Wizard. ThumbUp

Mine with XD Gear (and stocking stuffer 7 rnd ext mag & Hornadys) is reserved and waiting in box at my local Shop for pick up by the kind and lovely Mrs. Claus Saturday morning.
It will have to sit wrapped under the tree till Christmas morning.
Haven't felt anticipation and impatience like this for that morning in a long long time.
Actually kinda cool. :D
A Merry Christmas indeed.

That'll give you something to make some noise with come Christmas dayThumbUp.

Did the same for a while, right behind my wallet. Until.... at a job one evening on a roof top I heard a window shatter. Looking over the edge I saw a boy running like crazy with a microwave I had put in the passenger seat of my truck. He smashed the window, did a snatch and grab and hauled booty. I realized that the Colt was useless except as a noise maker.

Started to carry a 9 in my tool pouch after that, then a 1911 Llama 9 in the truck. That didn't work for long so went to an old beat up Taurus 40 cal IWB.

Dave: You being the NICE guy that you are you could always buy that sign and give it to me for Christmas.:D

Huge Kudos, Double Thumbs Up, and ear-to-ear Smile for the SA XDS-45.
No complaints or negatives to convey or report what so ever.
Definitely a weapon that will more than likely remain a life-long companion.
Highly suggest and recommend.

Ah,,, Yep. It does :cool:
and, When one expects an upward kick/rise that doesn't come...
It shoots low too.
My bad. Should have trusted you on that huh ThumbUp

I'll let the Smithy correct the "leftness" when we both get the chance (and me the cash. Mrs Claus says so :D).

Well... it's just an inch per 10 ft. Not too bad that one can't correct if one knows it's there. You know what they say... If you hit someone with a 45 an inch doesn't matter.

You know what they say... If you hit someone with a 45 an inch doesn't matter.

Amen to that!
Actually probably never mod the front sight and just compensate aim accordingly as you say. But, foregoing that "need" will appear as giving in to the lovely Mrs. Could prove to be a beneficial Ace-In-The-Hole manuever for future "needs"... :D

One thought was confirmed, performs much better with the 185gr JHPs than the 230gr FMJs control-wise. 3.3" barrel and overall lower weapon mass no doubt. Definitely stick to lighter rounds for practice and target rounds in the future. Besides, as you said,,, a .45 round (whether 230gr or 185gr) will do the trick regardless.

Amen to that!
Actually probably never mod the front sight and just compensate aim accordingly as you say. But, foregoing that "need" will appear as giving in to the lovely Mrs. Could prove to be a beneficial Ace-In-The-Hole manuever for future "needs"... :D

One thought was confirmed, performs much better with the 185gr JHPs than the 230gr FMJs control-wise. 3.3" barrel and overall lower weapon mass no doubt. Definitely stick to lighter rounds for practice and target rounds in the future. Besides, as you said,,, a .45 round (whether 230gr or 185gr) will do the trick regardless.

I use 185 gr Hornady critical defense as my carry round in my Kimber, I figure its plenty heavy enough to get the point across.

I use 185 gr Hornady critical defense as my carry round in my Kimber, I figure its plenty heavy enough to get the point across.

Another Amen from the Congregation on that ThumbUp

Kimber-Very Nice!

P.s. FYI-Just found Bear Creek Holsters www.bearcreekholsters.com and he makes some awesome holsters for the XDS and many others. Pricing quite reasonable given the higher echelon of design and quality they are.

Another Amen from the Congregation on that ThumbUp

Kimber-Very Nice!

P.s. FYI-Just found Bear Creek Holsters Front Pocket, Back (Wallet) Pocket, IWB, OWB Leather Handcrafted, Hand-stitched Holsters|Bear Creek Metal Works, Texas and he makes some awesome holsters for the XDS and many others. Pricing quite reasonable given the higher echelon of design and quality they are.

All the good reviews on the XDs had me Jonesing for one, found the local gun shop had 3 setting in the display case. So my Kimber now has a playmate:D.

xdsh.jpg

I ordered a holster for the XDs from wrightleatherworks.com. Once Mother Nature cooperates I might get some range time. Right now the range in my dads back yard has 6 - 8" of snow. I did strip the gun and give it a good degrease and then a proper oiling with the correct amount. Its amazing how much the manufacturers put on them, its like they dip the parts in a vat before assembly.

Congrats on the new addition! You won't regret it.
Look so "joyous & festive" against the Christmas Kitty placemat backdrop :laugh:
The XDs (all S.A. I believe) is made in Croatia so sure it was shipped with a good slathering of cosmoline. Must be selling so well your Dealer didn't have a chance to prep for delivery when received.
Ole Mr. Wizard seems to have fueled quite the Craze...

Got a new Sig Saur 229 Equinox in 40 cal. with lazer sight for Christmas. Havn't been able to shoot it yet.
11 and 3/4 in. of snow is hard to get to the country to shoot it. We have no shooting ranges close.
Went to the gun shop and bought the last 17 boxes of .223 they had. Ammo is hard to get here.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back