Going to Maggie Valley June10, 2017 through June 16, 2017

Oct 8, 2012
Osawatomie, KS
Yep, I know. The Reunion is in September, but our schedule this year just doesn't coincide with those dates. :( So we are going to try to make the best of it. Never been in that neck of the woods, close, but not quite. Back in 95 when I was on the 93 GL1500SE. Love those machines.

We are coming down through Springfield MO then swing down around Branson and across Southern MO using Hwy 160. Love that road. Over to Benton , KY to see family. Then Land between the Lakes, stop in Lebanon , Tn have lunch with a friend, and on to Deals Gap, by way of Smithville, Sparta, Pikeville, Dayton, Decatur and Sweetwater, ans of course, "The Dragon"for the night. That will be the first time on the Dragon as well. Looking forward to that. Going to take my time. Speed ain't my thang, just going to enjoy the turns and twisties:p!

Hope to be in Maggie Valley on the 11th. Then get the hotel settled and plan the day rides. Don't really know anything about Maggie Valley and where to stay, something reasonable and clean and nice. Suggestions would be appreciated:Shrug:!

After we made up our minds that Maggie Valley was to our hub of travel for the week, I started looking at the area and trying to lay out rides. Now looking at "Google Maps" roads can get you into trouble as it is not easy to see WHAT kind of road it is, so some of my ideas may not be very good. We will see.

If there is someone local or knows the area, I bet they can show us the best rides in the country.

We were in Eureka Springs with the trike in 2015, the wife and my first real trike trip together and even with the rain everyday it was fantastic. So we are looking forward to this trip with smiles on our faces and dreams in our minds.

Hope to meet some of you in June.

Norm & Diann

Maggie Valley

Yep, I know. The Reunion is in September, but our schedule this year just doesn't coincide with those dates. :( So we are going to try to make the best of it. Never been in that neck of the woods, close, but not quite. Back in 95 when I was on the 93 GL1500SE. Love those machines.

We are coming down through Springfield MO then swing down around Branson and across Southern MO using Hwy 160. Love that road. Over to Benton , KY to see family. Then Land between the Lakes, stop in Lebanon , Tn have lunch with a friend, and on to Deals Gap, by way of Smithville, Sparta, Pikeville, Dayton, Decatur and Sweetwater, ans of course, "The Dragon"for the night. That will be the first time on the Dragon as well. Looking forward to that. Going to take my time. Speed ain't my thang, just going to enjoy the turns and twisties:p!

Hope to be in Maggie Valley on the 11th. Then get the hotel settled and plan the day rides. Don't really know anything about Maggie Valley and where to stay, something reasonable and clean and nice. Suggestions would be appreciated:Shrug:!

After we made up our minds that Maggie Valley was to our hub of travel for the week, I started looking at the area and trying to lay out rides. Now looking at "Google Maps" roads can get you into trouble as it is not easy to see WHAT kind of road it is, so some of my ideas may not be very good. We will see.

If there is someone local or knows the area, I bet they can show us the best rides in the country.

We were in Eureka Springs with the trike in 2015, the wife and my first real trike trip together and even with the rain everyday it was fantastic. So we are looking forward to this trip with smiles on our faces and dreams in our minds.

Hope to meet some of you in June.

Norm & Diann

I'm heading to Maggie Valley (be sure & visit the Wheels Thru Time Museum there) area in late April but decided to stay in nearby Bryson City for several reasons. The Jan/Feb 2009 issue of the Road Runner Motorcycle Touring magazine (back issues available online) has a great article outlining a Shamrock Tour based out of Bryson City. Shamrock tours outline in detail 4 days of different round trip roads out of the "base" city in that particular area. Road Runner is the best informative magazine bar none for great tours throughout the USA & overseas. Each tour (these are ridden on your own & of course free of charge) has been personally ridden by a member of the magazine staff before they are ever published in the magazine. I'm sure you would enjoy the information contained in the article. Have fun & ride safe.

Mark

The 'Blue Ridge Parkway' starts near Maggie Valley, be sure and ride it. You can do several miles in the morning,then get off at one of the exits to a small town and have lunch,then wander back a different way. Anyway enjoy your time there. You Will Be Back!:D

209 "the rattler" is a good warm up, very close to MV.

276 out of Waynesville to 64 and 215 makes a good twisty triangle with a few waterfalls.

Well worth the $15 to order the 100 best rides in the smokies. http://americaridesmaps.com

If you get into TN near Bristol, try the Snake and the Python.

Jan & John

And if you want to put face to to a Trike Talk name you will pass within 4 miles of my home when your on hwy 30 between Dayton and Decatur.Sounds like you have a sweet ride planned out.

well, we have been busy these days and our plans have been delayed. But that is a good thing because we were able to get better lodging on our hew schedule. We have moved our plans to August. The temperature should be okay so we are still looking forward to our up coming adventure.

Marc H, we would enjoy putting a face to a name. I will PM you closer to the time and we will try to meet up. Always good to have a friend on the road.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back