Going back to two

That's a great looking bike Fuzzy. You will enjoy it now as a 2 wheeler and it will make a great trike when the time comes. Goldwings are excellent bikes. Hang in there and all of this will be behind you soon. Sounds like you have a good plan to get through it.

Sunman

I was pleased with the wing ... it had the things I would do to it .. .tall tulsa vented windshield, passenger armrests, highway boards, a hitch and the Honda Shop Manual. My buddy is giving it to me for 3k ... so it's a killer deal. I get to ride it all summer until all the smoke clears before I buy it. Pretty sweet.

Will make a nice trike indeed for you down the road. Wife and I went thru what you are back in 1996. Lost my trucking company had 2 tractors and two 53' trailers. Life went on things got better including us. Will make you stronger and smarter. At the time thought we would never recover, it will and twenty years later we have more now and everything is paid off. God bless and hang together.

I ride both 2 and 3 wheels, sometimes I get off one and right onto another. They are so different (Harley bagger and a Triumph Bonneville 2 wheelers vs. Goldwing and VW Roadhawk trikes) I don't have a problem going from one to another. The problem I have is working the turn signals - Harleys are different there from the rest of the world.
The biggest thing of 3 vs. 2 wheels I can't control is others on the road. On a trike I get noticed by non-riders. At gas stops someone always comments, on the road on the trike I get thumbs up, honks and smiles. On the bikes, very seldom. I am invisible again. Non-riders seem to notice trikes, but it is like 2 wheelers don't even exist.

That's my advice - don't expect all the attention and attentiveness. Ride like you are invisible, or better yet, ride like they are actively out to run you over.

BTW nice wing - a great canvas for an outstanding ride.

That's my advice - don't expect all the attention and attentiveness. Ride like you are invisible, or better yet, ride like they are actively out to run you over.

When I was 16 and just starting to ride ... I ran into a guy who was in his 50's ... He asked me if I knew what the switch on my bike with the key really did? ... being a teenager, I told him of course ... starts and stops the bike ... he said, "Nope, turns the bike and anything/anyone on it invisible, always ride like you know that." ... been riding like that ever since ... it's keep me alive for 46 years ... so it should serve me well another one ... :D

I'd love to go back to 2 wheels.... Rode 2 since I was 7, some 65 years but unless the come up a cure for Parkinson's and I want to keep riding, I'm free on 3 !!

8~\o

Thanks for the tips ... it's only bee about a year since I was on two, so shouldn't be too bad going back. The putting the feet down thing is my biggest concern ... LOL .. Don't want to do the Artie Johnson thing ... :AGGHH:

when i ride the 2 wheeler once in a great while, i may head down a gravel road without thinking. Didn't bother me being on gravel when i was on the trike and also railroad crossings.........................:Coffee:

So my buddy brings the gold wing to my house today ... gotta admit, I was a little nervous ... I had a time getting used to three ... thought it would take some time to go back ... nope ... the bike is so smooth ... and runs so strong ... I took it for about 120 mile ride ... it was like it was made for me ... it's gonna make a sweet trike I think.

So my buddy brings the gold wing to my house today ... gotta admit, I was a little nervous ... I had a time getting used to three ... thought it would take some time to go back ... nope ... the bike is so smooth ... and runs so strong ... I took it for about 120 mile ride ... it was like it was made for me ... it's gonna make a sweet trike I think.

AbsolutelyThumbUpThumbUpThumbUp

AWESOME!!!

Hang in there Fuzzy...we all hit rough spots but it gets better. You have been a huge asset to this community, we all love your presence here. Any trike kit I sell, any brand, you can have at dealer cost and I will install it for free and donate and install a free rake kit to make it steer like it needs to. You just bring yourself to Texas and stay with me and Marge and we will feed you good and treat you like family. Hope you like Filipino food and Texas BBQ. ThumbUp

Sure have to agree with you about counter steering Oneup, it saved my butt on two ocassions. But you MUST be able to do it without having to think about it. As far as it working above certain speeds I've always had the feeling it would work at any speed I could keep the bike balanced at. Wrong?

PC

There ya go Fuzzy, your on your way up now. Summer is almost here ThumbUp Pool Time :pepper:

Sure have to agree with you about counter steering Oneup, it saved my butt on two ocassions. But you MUST be able to do it without having to think about it. As far as it working above certain speeds I've always had the feeling it would work at any speed I could keep the bike balanced at. Wrong?

PC

Counter steering becomes intuitive, Most bikers don't even realize their doing it..
And it works at any speed faster than a crawl... Also the higher the speed the less input is needed to counter steer...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back