Front Brake Pad Replacement

Gorilla

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2008
Key Largo. Fl,. USA
Has anyone replaced the front pads on the Stallion themselves yet? If so what pads did you use? And what was the procedure? Also anyone see a way to see how much pad is left? I think I looked all over the caliper and could not see the pad to tell how much was left?

Thanks,

Ted

Hubby talked to TMS and they told him to get ones for a 2007 Ford 500. I have a 2009 Stallion. He went to change them last week thinking I needed them. What he did was (his version): He disconnected the caliper strut one side at a time. This allowed the brakes to drop down far enough to get a good view to see what shape they are in. Do the other side the same way. He found mine were still OK.
Hope this helps.

Hubby talked to TMS and they told him to get ones for a 2007 Ford 500. I have a 2009 Stallion. He went to change them last week thinking I needed them. What he did was (his version): He disconnected the caliper strut one side at a time. This allowed the brakes to drop down far enough to get a good view to see what shape they are in. Do the other side the same way. He found mine were still OK.
Hope this helps.

Sure does and I may just drop it far enough to take the pads into my friend who onws the local NAPA to verify the Ford 500 fit. Thanks, Ted

hey Gorilla, do you want the front or the rear numbers?
you ask for the front, Biker Cruiser gave you the rear, which do you want?
any time you are asking for info like brakes etc call TBMS and give them the last 3 numbers of your VIN and they can tell you what you need. they have an 800 number which is 1-888-783-3348
mine is an 09' and they told me the rear was an 06' ford 500, I took a pad to a auto parts dealer (cheaper than the ford dealer) and that is what I had and they fit and I changed them out.
now the front is NOT a ford part, it is a WANGER ZX606 -- ST06-BR00-0180.
now I have not needed to change out the front so I have not checked if that is totally correct but I'm sure it is because I got it from Nick at TBMS
good luck

hey Gorilla, do you want the front or the rear numbers?
you ask for the front, Biker Cruiser gave you the rear, which do you want?
any time you are asking for info like brakes etc call TBMS and give them the last 3 numbers of your VIN and they can tell you what you need. they have an 800 number which is 1-888-783-3348
mine is an 09' and they told me the rear was an 06' ford 500, I took a pad to a auto parts dealer (cheaper than the ford dealer) and that is what I had and they fit and I changed them out.
now the front is NOT a ford part, it is a WANGER ZX606 -- ST06-BR00-0180.
now I have not needed to change out the front so I have not checked if that is totally correct but I'm sure it is because I got it from Nick at TBMS
good luck

Thanks Silverdevil I needed the front. Mj has 20k + with alot more than 10k being in the mountains this year. Can not see the pads so I am concerned. Wanted to be ready if when I did get to see the pads what to get to replace them. Thanks again. Ted

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back