Frankensten-Harley Exhaust Database

trikes4ever

In Memory of Bob Reeves
Aug 11, 2010
Lake Livingston, TX, USA
Have not been able to find one, so thought I'd start one.

2003 Harley Deuce, TC88B, 34" Frankenstein Hot Rod Rear

Vance&Hines Big Radius 2-2: Fits with no clearance issues
Vance&Hines Big Radius 2-1: Will not fit - swing-arm / muffler mount interference
Vance&Hines Competition Series 2-1 (stainless): Fits, great performance and

Last edited:
Thanx Grimm. The more the better. You can't call V&H and asks what fits - and Frankenstein doesn't have a long list either. I'll make sure Frankenstein gets this info too. It will save some new converters some experimentation and expense.

Dennis Kirk is really good about taking stuff back.

What about the CFR SHORTY 2 into 1 exhaust system that is the one frank uses and is on some of the vrods in their picture gallery? I have Samson street sweepers now and I trying to make brackets for the tail end piece.

V&H Fishtail Softail Duals worked great on mine. The rear muffler tabs had to be extended just a tad to lower the rear end of the mufflers below the rear axle. I get tons of compliments on how old school hot rod they look between the rear wheels and they sound pretty nice too.

Vance & Hines: Performance Exhaust Systems

You can see how they look in the previous Frankenstein picks post.

Re: Frankenstein-Harley Exhaust Database

I modified the turn out exhaust end pieces. I cut off the pipes to the mount brackets. There are baffles in the front pipes. I did not want to spend $450 to $600 for new pipes and then have to download new maps or get the v rod dyno etc. Here's some pictures .

That's a good start. I hope you like the sound and total performance. good job measuring glad that you did not have to make it fit. My 20# sledge hammer made the final adjustments for me. LOL Jay

I hope you like the sound and total performanc
Catalog photo:
0000-Vance---Hines-Competition-Series-2-into-1-Exhaust.jpg

Absolutely love the sound, performance, and looks of these.

I'll have photos and sound bites up shortly detailing what they look like mounted, aged from the heat, and how they sound (with insulation removed). But not today - 76 deg, huge Marine toy run, I'll be occupied.

It's 46 outside and rising. Just re-jetted the carb - AGAIN. Put the 45 slow jet back in. I was trying to get the mixture screw in the 2-3 turns open range - it seemed optimum at about 1/2 turn with the 45 so I tried a 44 - too small. Very slow warm-up and some coughing, so back went the 45. Also installed a mixture screw with a knurled extended end so I don't have to use a screwdriver - much easier to get to. Might have some video with sound this afternoon. I did determine that it has the factory needle - number stamped on the side. It's in with a single washer lifting it up just a bit.

As promised, a short sound bite to give you an idea of how this system sounds. Removable baffle is in, but 'fiberglass' packing around core has been removed. MUCH quieter with packing in place - too quiet for me.

Nice sound,much quieter than I expected. That is a pretty good low RPM idle you got those jets perfect. Great job Congrats , maybe someday I'll learn how to do the U-Tube thing......and post my vrod sound.....curley

PM me with what files you have (type, size) and I can walk you through the YouTube thing. It's not difficult. You need an account I think (free).

Idle is a bit too low in this video. I have it at just under 1k but it's adjusted there after full engine warmup. It slowly comes up as the engine warms up. I'm going to get a thumb screw to replace the standard one on the throttle stop - have one on the mixture and it makes everything so much easier. I use the enricher only to get the engine started than close it immediately and keep it running with the throttle. Just habit from days gone by.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back