Fork oil amount

I'm changing a bad fork seal on my 1999 GL1500 SE with a Roadsmith Ultimate trike kit which I believe has a 4' Roadsmith rake kit. Can anyone tell me the amount of fork oil I need in each tube? I don't know if the rake kit uses the same amount or more than Honda did on the OEM forks. Also, being a trike does it matter what oil weight I use? On my 1100 and 1200 I usually use ATF. Thanks.

I'm changing a bad fork seal on my 1999 GL1500 SE with a Roadsmith Ultimate trike kit which I believe has a 4' Roadsmith rake kit. Can anyone tell me the amount of fork oil I need in each tube? I don't know if the rake kit uses the same amount or more than Honda did on the OEM forks. Also, being a trike does it matter what oil weight I use? On my 1100 and 1200 I usually use ATF. Thanks.

I'd call Roadsmith & get the correct info 800.331.0705

It still has the stock forks so normal fill levels and just like before different weights can give you different feel.It can be played with to get things to your liking.

I rebuilt my wife RS trike month ago. Installed new set of Progressive springs in it. There was a chart I found that said the fluid was supposed to be so many inches from the top. Can't remember for sure but number was close to 5".

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back