Fork extension question

Ghost Rider 2

30+ Posts
Sep 23, 2022
Downs, Illinois USA
I have a 2014 GL1800 that I just had a Roadsmith trike kit installed on. Was told it would have Fork Extensions added to it. When I got it no extensions they say because they said where I had previous installed Progressive Mono struts. Is this true or not?

I have a 2014 GL1800 that I just had a Roadsmith trike kit installed on. Was told it would have Fork Extensions added to it. When I got it no extensions they say because they said where I had previous installed Progressive Mono struts. Is this true or not?

Yes, no, maybe. While I have Harley with a RS conversion, I had the exact same issue. The real problem appears to be that 2" extension pieces that come with the rake part of the kit do not fit with Progressive MonoTubes (that's what I had on my Harley). They only fit with original OEM part.

So like you I originally got my trike with no extensions, making it look like a 1980s muscle car with it's pronounced front down tilt. This caused the bike to bottom out more than it should and the tilt removed part of the rake so the bike was harder to turn. I ended up having the Progressives removed and the original pieces (I saved them) reinstalled with the extensions. Not only was the steering easier but I think the trike rode better too!

Hope this helped....

take the cap and tube to a machine shop and have some made.. i did

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back