Exhaust change

Mek5o

Gold Member
Gold Member
Apr 14, 2019
Cheltenham
I want to change how the exhaust come out rear of trike. its a 2011 Harley sportster L1200L with Lehman Raider kit, any recommendations on how I can do this ? pipes currently come out right side side by side. Want one on either side ! I'm thinking i just need to move one pipe, but not sure how to do this or where to find exhaust pipe to make it happen.

Thanks Michael

Hi Michael. The front pipe will not be a problem it is the rear pipe that will take some serious fabrication. I would suggest draw up what you want to do then take it to an exhaust shop to have them look @ your plans to give you a cost factor. IMO it will not be cheap. Good Luck

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away....

The MoCo used to provide true dual exhaust on iron head Sporty's.... So their around the front concept is one option for routing the pipes (Ness liked to do this with Digger Sportys back in "the day").

Dual Ex Sporty.png

Here are the OEM pipes are separated from the bike

Dual Ex Sporty pipes.png

Here is another Concept

There are lots of Custom exhaust shops out there that can fix something like these up for you

Sporty pipe 1.jpg

Sporty pipe 2.jpg

Sporty pipe 3.jpg

Sporty pipe 4.jpg

Here are what the pieces look like

Sporty pipe 5.jpg

and one more...

Sporty pipe 6.jpg

The crossover pipe was made by putting a U shaped dip in the pipe to get it, and the heat, away from the belt.

The pipe comes out on the other side as close to the case as possible to make it appear it came from under the bike

The rear muffler support bracket mount on the frame is used to mount the pipe.

A support arm is welded to the right pipe. The left pipe is pretty solid with stock attachment schemes but one is added for peace of mind

I L.O.V.E. love customizing trikes....

Here is the exhaust for my latest science project.... It was born of an idea, then a sketch, then some tube and a mig welder....

Exhaust Welded 1.jpg

Now they are on my engine....

JAN 7.jpg

To quote the famous Boston rock poet Steven Tyler.... Dream On!!

Good luck with your project!

PS.... There are homebulder kits for laying out and mocking up custom exhaust. If you cut and tape together what you want, a good mig guy can stitch it up and a chrome/ceracote shop can finish it off..

Here is a link to the BilletProof's kit

https://www.billetproofdesign.com/b...n-ksn2SQHynhIl5yEq-3tknZ5lXDu0RUaAnpJEALw_wcB

Here is a link to TC Bros Kit

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/tc-br...vh4U-hXkyBOlC6hCRvvJMSy0LoR508WgaAgP8EALw_wcB

Ex pics.png

You can get really creative with these things....

Ex 2.jpg

Just sayin...:Dorag:

Hi Michael. The front pipe will not be a problem it is the rear pipe that will take some serious fabrication. I would suggest draw up what you want to do then take it to an exhaust shop to have them look @ your plans to give you a cost factor. IMO it will not be cheap. Good Luck

Thanks

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far, away....

The MoCo used to provide true dual exhaust on iron head Sporty's.... So their around the front concept is one option for routing the pipes (Ness liked to do this with Digger Sportys back in "the day").

View attachment 95810

Here are the OEM pipes are separated from the bike

View attachment 95811

Here is another Concept

There are lots of Custom exhaust shops out there that can fix something like these up for you

View attachment 95812

View attachment 95813

View attachment 95814

View attachment 95815

Here are what the pieces look like

View attachment 95816

and one more...

View attachment 95817

The crossover pipe was made by putting a U shaped dip in the pipe to get it, and the heat, away from the belt.

The pipe comes out on the other side as close to the case as possible to make it appear it came from under the bike

The rear muffler support bracket mount on the frame is used to mount the pipe.

A support arm is welded to the right pipe. The left pipe is pretty solid with stock attachment schemes but one is added for peace of mind

I L.O.V.E. love customizing trikes....

Here is the exhaust for my latest science project.... It was born of an idea, then a sketch, then some tube and a mig welder....

View attachment 95818

Now they are on my engine....

View attachment 95819

To quote the famous Boston rock poet Steven Tyler.... Dream On!!

Good luck with your project!

Thanks !

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back