Eastern Arizona

Looks like a good time. Hope to be able to join the fun in the near future' Wife and I decided this is her last year of teaching. So that will open up some time in winter and early fall to ride more. we are planning to spend some of winter in Texas , New Mexico or Some where south of here

Looks like a good time. Hope to be able to join the fun in the near future' Wife and I decided this is her last year of teaching. So that will open up some time in winter and early fall to ride more. we are planning to spend some of winter in Texas , New Mexico or Some where south of here

I was told that I will be putting another ride together next year.

Kurt

Keep a check on the Kerrville gathering.

Day 2 Short Ride and Dinner

I planned the rides to have a short easy ride after a long day on the road the first day. The idea for dinner came later. While we were riding the first day, My wife Sally made potato salad and got her delicious beans ready so when we returned from our short day we could pop them in the oven.

Here are some photos.

Today gave us some fall colors as well as it highlighted changes in terrain and foliage over a small area.

PA020972.jpg

PA020985.jpg

Sierra Blanca Lake.

PA020987.jpg

More grassland.

PA020991.jpg

PA020996.jpg

PA020997.jpg

PA021000.jpg

PA021002.jpg

PA021006.jpg

PA021011.jpg

Great Pics Kurt ... I wish I could of come, but, after the trip to Texas, just wasn't sure I should leave mom alone anymore ... well, that and after buying the trailer, the bank account was looking a tad peeked. :D

Glad everyone had fun ... got get down there sometime to ride that area.

Wildfire

Hey Kurt.. appreciate the pics. Just curious...how long ago was the wildfire?

The fire damage you see here is from 2001 when an arson fire and lightning caused fire combined to be the largest wildfire in AZ history and was caused by Bill Clinton ending all forest management. If you remember, Yellowstone was devastated by fire a year or two previous to this because they took the approach that the forest will manage itself and wildfires were left to burn themselves out.

Kurt

I had a blast. I really enjoyed visiting with friends and meeting people who are now friends for life.

2,425 miles of fun riding. It didn't take me until today to get home, I was too busy to post.

Kurt and Sally did a wonderful job fixing dinner for us. Next year I hope the weather in Arizona is as wonderful as it was this year. Kurt said he will plan different rides, but the ones we did were so perfect I could do those again.

I was shocked and appalled by how fast the temperature rises in AZ. The last day it was cold when I first stepped out of my room so I was totally overdressed. I was told that before we took off, but being from south Texas I am not fond of cold wind. At the first stop I had my jacket unzipped, ready to start peeling off layers ASAP. I may some day learn to listen to the locals, but then again....

- - - Updated - - -

If you come anywhere near San Antonio, please be sure to let me know so I can meet up with you.

Hey Kurt.. appreciate the pics. Just curious...how long ago was the wildfire?

The fire damage you see here is from 2001 when an arson fire and lightning caused fire combined to be the largest wildfire in AZ history and was caused by Bill Clinton ending all forest management. If you remember, Yellowstone was devastated by fire a year or two previous to this because they took the approach that the forest will manage itself and wildfires were left to burn themselves out.Kurt

WOW!! 19 years ago! I would have guessed 1/2 that long. What a terrible shame...it takes so long to recover.

We got home late Thursday afternoon.

What a Great Time in Arizona.

Kurt put together some fantastic rides.

Kurt and Sally fixed a great meal for everyone.

The new friends made and old friendships strengthened, these are things that are priceless.

We have a bunch of photos and video that we'll be posting, but it may be a bit. We had already been on the road for a couple of weeks before Arizona, and we're going thru the photos and videos in order.

Here are a few that I just grabbed-

Big Lake Ride on Day 2-

Group%20on%20BL%20Ride.jpg

Most of the crew waiting on the grub...

Most%20of%20the%20crew.jpg

...Kurt working on the burgers!

Kurt%20Grub.jpg

Great time!

Kevin & Mary

Great pics. Mad at myself for missing this trip.

I had to make a trip to Maine to pick up some of my stuff before the snow decided to fall. Also, registered my vehicles, voted and had a dentist appointment. 4500 miles round trip. Only stopped for a couple naps and stretch breaks each way.

Trike in shop trying to solve the vapor lock issue. Hope to get it out this coming week. I believe its either a bad gas cap or a valve thats malfunctioning.

I had to make a trip to Maine to pick up some of my stuff before the snow decided to fall. Also, registered my vehicles, voted and had a dentist appointment. 4500 miles round trip. Only stopped for a couple naps and stretch breaks each way.

Trike in shop trying to solve the vapor lock issue. Hope to get it out this coming week. I believe its either a bad gas cap or a valve that's malfunctioning.

I am thinking there will be a ride the same week next year.

Kurt

Trike in shop trying to solve the vapor lock issue. Hope to get it out this coming week. I believe its either a bad gas cap or a valve thats malfunctioning.[/QUOTE

You should be. You missed some really great riding and I know you could have eaten at least 2 burgers. ;)

Day 3 - Salt River Canyon

This was our last day of riding and today was starting from our camp. We headed west from camp to Show Low. We got gas and headed west on US-60 to Salt River Canyon about 60 miles away. As was standard for this trip the weather was spectacular. It seems I didn't take that many photos today so for a wider selection you can watch for Kevin and Mary's updates on their ride report. Here is what I have;

Janiene was so kind and bought my wife Sally a small plant as a thank you for the dinner we had after Big Lake on day 2.

PA120518 (1).jpg

Fall Colors.

PA031050.jpg

PA031054.jpg

PA031052.jpg

PA031061.jpg

PA031065.jpg

PA031067.jpg

Roadside corrals.

PA031073.jpg

The trees were really showing off their colors.

PA031074.jpg

Salt River Canyon Cont'd

One more shot of the trees.

PA031075.jpg

The Canyon.

PA031082.jpg

PA031083.jpg

The rest area at the bottom.

PA031084.jpg

We took a short break before heading back towards the high country and cool temps. Even though it was early in the day we hit a high of 93 degrees on the way back to camp.

It was early enough in the day when we got back to camp to be able to visit just a little more before everyone headed back to town.

PA031087.jpg

Before this I had never hosted a gathering or led a ride but this group made it easy. It was a really good three days of riding and making new friends. If we can get the weather to cool down just a bit, next year will be even better.

I am going to start editing video and will start a new thread for those very soon. Thanks to everyone that put in the effort to travel from all over to be here and a special thanks to my wonderful wife for all she did.

Kurt

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back