Dumb or dumber?

Ol' Man Jeb

1750+ Posts
Sep 8, 2013
Bettendorf, Ia
Anyone mount a sidecar on a trike? My wife has Parkinsons and it's getting more difficult getting her on/off the trike and contrary to popular belief, I am not made of money. BTW, I'm 84 yrs old and not as agile as I was yesterday.;) Can anyone lead me to the right tree to bark up? Thank you for your consideration.

I don't know if you're serious about this question? But it would be extremely wide maybe even beyond legal limits.:Shrug: But the real problem is getting her in and out of the sidecar. Even sidecars with tilt fronts aren't easy to exit. It's almost like sitting on the floor and getting up with nothing to hold onto. If you can lift her you maybe okay. A trike to me is the best option. And if you're on a budget sidecars aren't cheap. Maybe find someone with a sidecar that will let her sit in it? I really wouldn't recommend a sidecar for someone with limited strength.

Anyone mount a sidecar on a trike? My wife has Parkinsons and it's getting more difficult getting her on/off the trike and contrary to popular belief, I am not made of money. BTW, I'm 84 yrs old and not as agile as I was yesterday.;) Can anyone lead me to the right tree to bark up? Thank you for your consideration.

If like you say you're not made of money....Then Forgetboutit....Ka-Ching.$$$

Don't know anything about them but maybe selling your trike and putting the money towards a Slingshot would be the most economical solution. Maybe some of the Slingshot owners could chime in. Seating looks a little low but maybe you could attach a grab bar system to assist her in and out. It could maybe even fold out of the way when not in use.

Don't know anything about them but maybe selling your trike and putting the money towards a Slingshot would be the most economical solution. Maybe some of the Slingshot owners could chime in. Seating looks a little low but maybe you could attach a grab bar system to assist her in and out. It could maybe even fold out of the way when not in use.

I had a Slingshot for two years......There is no way that is a solution for him' No way''

And ratter then me trying to Splane....Just go to your nearest Polaris dealer and sit in one....And then eventually [Try to] get out....:shock:...

I had a Slingshot for two years......There is no way that is a solution for him' No way''

And ratter then me trying to Splane....Just go to your nearest Polaris dealer and sit in one....And then eventually [Try to] get out....:shock:...

Good answer here, I rode/drove a Slingshot once (not a easy vehicle to get in/out of)

Ronnie

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back