Deflector Wings

What's the difference between the two?

The length of the deflector....with the lift kit, they are a bit shorter.....at least I'm pretty sure.....The lift kit moves the Tank bolts outward......

I apologize that the website is not really clear. We will be making some changes to it to clear it up a bit.

There are two different style CDW's-

1. Fits HD Trikes with a tank lift and looks like this-

DeflectorWings1.jpg

2. Fits Trikes without a tank lift and all 2 wheel Touring models (with or without a tank lift) and looks like this-

CDW%202%20Wheel.jpg

The reason for the different design is that on all two wheelers, and Trikes without a tank lift, there is less clearance room, so the design is a bit different (and smaller) to get everything to fit.

They both have a "wing" to them that extends out past where the air is that would cause buffeting, this wing is to catch extra air and direct it down onto the engine.

The purpose for designing these was two-fold:

1. Redirect air onto the engine to cool it down. This happens 100% of the time and is good for an 8-15* reduction in engine temps (regardless of design).

2. Reduce buffeting. How much it will reduce it is dependent on dozens of factors. How tall you are, what kind of seat you use, how you sit/slouch, foot/leg placement, type of helmet, etc.

Here are a few photos, side by side, for comparision-

CDW%20Comp%203_zpsdagxgamo.jpg

CDW%20Comp%202_zpswa8bxkdo.jpg

CDW%20Comp%201_zpsbszswn20.jpg

btw, the one made for the two wheelers/trikes with no tank lift, will also fit on the trikes with a tank lift.

Kevin

The length of the deflector....with the lift kit, they are a bit shorter.....at least I'm pretty sure.....The lift kit moves the Tank bolts outward......

LOL - Just take everything I said and flip it the other way! Geeze.....even if I was plain out guessing I had a 50/50 chance! So much for thinking huh boys? Thanks for clearing that up Kevin!

jc