Compensator adhesive

Oct 13, 2010
USA
Ok I have to reach out to you all..

Harley compensator #42200064

It needs install kit # 11100088 per the instructions( Adhesive kit) but is only for dealers only. Still trying to get answer from my dealers if they can help..

Anyone have any idea what adhisive they are using on the new compensator oil deflectors that mounts to primary?

Ok I have to reach out to you all..

Harley compensator #42200064

It needs install kit # 11100088 per the instructions( Adhesive kit) but is only for dealers only. Still trying to get answer from my dealers if they can help..

Anyone have any idea what adhisive they are using on the new compensator oil deflectors that mounts to primary?

You can buy the adhesive kit if you go to an online source such as New Castle Harley Davidson. PN 11100088 is for the cartridge adapter and the adhesive is PN 11100075. I've been reading where some guys have said this is the same stuff http://www.lord.com/products-and-solutions/adhesives/product.xml/1625 , and another said this would work loctite HYSOL 9497. If your strong enough you can get away with not buying the special glue gun by squeezing some out onto something and mix it up.

well the dealers will not sell me part 11100088. But I can buy the 11100075 adapter but not the adhesive..Let me try your numbers and see what happens..
Its doesnt look like I need much adhesive..But hitting a road block by the dealers trying to buy some..

well the dealers will not sell me part 11100088. But I can buy the 11100075 adapter but not the adhesive..Let me try your numbers and see what happens..
Its doesnt look like I need much adhesive..But hitting a road block by the dealers trying to buy some..

These people will sell it to you http://shop.newcastlehd.com/ also these folks will http://www.lshd1.com/servlet/StoreFront. You can also google Harley Davidson 11100088 and come up with quite a few hits on where you can buy it.

Yea I hear ya!! seen this site too..trying to figure out to go this route or buy just the adhesive separate and the 7 buck adapter..But by the time it all said and done its all about the same price..

Thanks for the help..

In case you have not heard but LSHD has new owners..Not sure if that will affect anything or not??

In case you have not heard but LSHD has new owners..Not sure if that will affect anything or not??

I heard, it has affected things already. Their pricing has gone up and the cost of shipping has also gone up. I just ordered a handful of parts the other day and compared cost between them and New Castle. Not only was New Castle cheaper on their parts priced, they also beat them on shipping. Used to be New Castle was more expensive on shipping. The price difference between the two was almost $15, its a shame because Lake Shore used to have some baning shipping deals.

Back in 2011 when I built my 120 I bought the Screamin Eagle cases along with the majority of the parts from Lake Shore, New Castle didn't want to sell me cases over the Internet. Not only did Lake Shore give me 20% off the price of the cases they also shipped them free. Unfortunatly those days are past.

I heard, it has affected things already. Their pricing has gone up and the cost of shipping has also gone up. I just ordered a handful of parts the other day and compared cost between them and New Castle. Not only was New Castle cheaper on their parts priced, they also beat them on shipping. Used to be New Castle was more expensive on shipping. The price difference between the two was almost $15, its a shame because Lake Shore used to have some baning shipping deals.

Back in 2011 when I built my 120 I bought the Screamin Eagle cases along with the majority of the parts from Lake Shore, New Castle didn't want to sell me cases over the Internet. Not only did Lake Shore give me 20% off the price of the cases they also shipped them free. Unfortunatly those days are past.

It appears a lot of things are past.

Not sure about there prices yet but there shipping is out of hand..I guess it is time to shop around..Suredyke Harley is another alternate for me..It looks like you have to catch them when they have there specials to get things cheaper..(shipping etc)

:laugh:
In case you have not heard but LSHD has new owners..Not sure if that will affect anything or not??[/QUOT I did mine about 1500 miles ago and ordered it all from Surdyke. Also, may I add that if anyone is worried about the adhesive, you can drill a small hole from the inside of the primary through the plastic tray. Install a button head screw from the inside with a quarter size washer with a small hole, button it up from the outside with a chrome acorn nut with locktite red and no worries. Hardly noticed since it sits just behind shifter pegs. This is all done after glue has cured of course.

:laugh:
In case you have not heard but LSHD has new owners..Not sure if that will affect anything or not??[/QUOT I did mine about 1500 miles ago and ordered it all from Surdyke. Also, may I add that if anyone is worried about the adhesive, you can drill a small hole from the inside of the primary through the plastic tray. Install a button head screw from the inside with a quarter size washer with a small hole, button it up from the outside with a chrome acorn nut with locktite red and no worries. Hardly noticed since it sits just behind shifter pegs. This is all done after glue has cured of course.

Tried Surdyke they would not sell it to me but told me to go to a dealer?? I think I will hold off drilling thru the primary cover for now..

Got the same results at Kutter Online;

Looked up the new compensator and it showed this;

"Fitment

Fits '06-'13 Dyna®, '07-'13 Softail® (except FXCW/C, FXSTSSE3, FXSB and FXSBSE), and '07-'13 Touring and Trike models. Original Equipment on '14 Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models. Requires separate purchase of Installation Adhesive Kit P/N 11100088. Harley no longer offers 11100088 for retail sale. This item will need to be installed by a licensed Harley dealer. '06-'11 Dyna®, '07-'11 Softail® and '07-'10 Touring and Trike requires separate purchase of Rotor Assembly P/N 30041-08A. Installation on '06 Dyna® models require separate purchase of '07-style stator."

Anyone use Kutter for parts?

20% off and free shipping when you spend $100.

Those of you that had the new and improved compensator installed did you have to purchase a new rotor too? not sure what the difference would be?

Why sell the compensator kit and not sell the adhesive is beyond me??

Those of you that had the new and improved compensator installed did you have to purchase a new rotor too? not sure what the difference would be?

Why sell the compensator kit and not sell the adhesive is beyond me??

I installed it myself. Bought the glue thru my dealer. You will need a torque wrench that will go to 175 ft pounds. Have about 2500 miles on since the install. Did not need new rotor. My 2011 came with a SE Compensator.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Tool
Back