Changing spark plugs on Stallion

This morning I was able to talk with my mechanic regarding changing the spark plugs on a Stallion Trike. His instructions were to unbolt the cruise control servo and move it to the side. Then remove the ignition coil completely. In order to reach the back one you will need a long universal spark plug socket. You can get the other three with a three inch extension.

He found on mine that there is a cylinder head temperature sensor that is located between cylinders two and three, and there is a rubber seal that goes around the wiring harness that goes to the temp. sensor and my plug was not in place and it was letting water gather in the valley where the spark plugs are located.

This water was allowed to sit there and rust the plugs to the cylinder head. He either replaced the rubber plug or just put the one that was there back in place and I should not have any water issues around the plugs from now on. The engine runs as smooth as silk after the plug replacement.

I hope this is helpful to those of you who asked for the above information.

This morning I was able to talk with my mechanic regarding changing the spark plugs on a Stallion Trike. His instructions were to unbolt the cruise control servo and move it to the side. Then remove the ignition coil completely. In order to reach the back one you will need a long universal spark plug socket. You can get the other three with a three inch extension. He found on mine that there is a cylinder head temperature sensor that is located between cylinders two and three, and there is a rubber seal that goes around the wiring harness that goes to the temp. sensor and my plug was not in place and it was letting water gather in the valley where the spark plugs are located. This water was allowed to sit there and rust the plugs to the cylinder head. He either replaced the rubber plug or just put the one that was there back in place and I should not have any water issues around the plugs from now on. The engine runs as smooth as silk after the plug replacement.

I hope this is helpful to those of you who asked for the above information.

thanks for the info

Just a bit of information given to me a few years ago by a master mechanic (and friend) at a Lincoln dealership. The majority of issues with people who brought in the vehicle with the 2.3 motor as in the Stallion came from people using other than the recommended plug. For some reason, trying to use aftermarket plugs to possibly a different heat zone plays havoc on this motor. I have not changed my plugs yet (70k+) and it still is consistent with the gas mileage, starts and runs great. So when I ever change my plugs, it will be the same as what it came with. For what it's worth!

Tomg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back