Champion trike on a 2012 Cross Country

My new rear wheels finally got here And they are mounted. A friend will help me install the body this week. I've put my rear air on hold as I just want this thing done. i'll work on it later.

Yeah i know. Pic is too big and i was too lazy to resize. so here you go. If anyone wants the old wheels free. come and get em

Attachments

• IMG_7173 (1).jpg
    IMG_7173 (1).jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_7168.jpg
    IMG_7168.jpg
    608.4 KB · Views: 180
More progress today, body and tour pack mounted. Everything wired up but signals dont work.

Attachments

• IMG_7183.jpg
    IMG_7183.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_7182.jpg
    IMG_7182.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_7184.jpg
    IMG_7184.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_7185.jpg
    IMG_7185.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 174
Ok I have hazards, four way flasher but no signals. Does anyone at champion have a clue? All i ever get from them is well you gotta test our harness. Maybe its off one pin. WTF! I called them before about where to hook up the rear brake switch and they said tap into the harness. well that didn't work. went on the victory site and someone knew where the taps were for the switch. Again WTF?!?

Rant over

So now that I have added the full body and trunk reverse seems even slower yet. Any ideas on speeding up the motor short of changing gears as there is really no room for that. Or is there another reverse i could use for Champion? I could crawl faster than this reverse.

Thanks guys! So somebody school me on Wheel offset. So they spec and run a +35 wheel offset on Champion. I really don't like the wheels they include. Actually they look just like the stock Lehman wheels. Don't come anywhere near close to matching anything. i'm having trouble finding a nice wheel in +35. But I've found a few that look really nice in a +40 offset. Can i just add a 5mm spacer? Don't see why not right?

Clint .. chime in here ... I know you've down lots of research on offset.

- - - Updated - - -

Might pm Clint ... incase he doesn't see this post

I'm so close guys. Everything has been sitting at the printers for 2 months. He's moving his shop so I'm getting closer. Then to the MVD for my salvage to rebuild inspection.

Well here we go. Better late then never right? Heading to the Arizona MVD tomorrow for inspection. Wish me luck. Then I have to tear it down and install my custom upper frame, correct fairing with double din stereo, amp, speakers, Dakota gauge, painted cowl pieces and fairing lowers sheesh. I'm tired just typing all that.

Attachments

• IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 160
I'll take some updated pictures this weekend. I really turned out well.

Now the tech support has to be the worst ever. When I called them about hooking in the new brake light switch for the rear brakes they had absolutely NO IDEA. Today while trying to wire in the trailer connector to the wire THEY PROVIDE at the rear signals kept stopping to flash and there really is no ground. Called them. Again no idea just almost complete silence on the other end. I've wired a few trailer connections and my helper worked at Budget for ten years. I think he knows how to wire a trailer. I'll not be using their wires and I'll be plugging my isolated directly into the Victory wiring. Thank god I have a half assed idea of what I'm doing.

Double din head unit with apple car play, new speedo, back up camera blacked out the forks. Halogen headlight(s) led driving lights. Added the Rivco passenger arm rests. Since I've been approved as rebuilt I went back to the VicBaggers upper frame. Designed for a 26" wheel but running a 23. Should be just fine. Has a little stretch too. Oh and I added the coils.

Except the dang iPad won't upload the pictures. I went to my computer and tried also. it shows the pictures uploading but then they are not there.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back