Champion Reverse Gear kit

I installed the extension and it was hitting also. I had the option to cut the original handle down or bend the extension. I bent the extension, and it works & looks great. On my Kuryakn cover I just used my Dremel tool and cut out a little slot for handle to stick out of, and perform its functions. It looks great, I do have pictures.

Hmmmm.. When I did those extensions, I made them 5-1/2" inches long (without the knob) With the knob, they are 6-3/8" long. I can make them any length you want, just let me know. You could also whack off some of the threads, and run a die down the shaft. The threads are 1/2-13. I cut the threads on a lathe, but if you have a 1/2-13 die, that would work too. Of course, as you all have discovered, bending them works too. In case anyone is interested, these are made from 304 stainless. I do have some Chrome 'Skull' knobs with jeweled eyes that are way better looking than those black plastic ones, LOL.

I love the color of your bike Tis. I was bidding on one just like yours last year on ebay from New York. <br />
<br />
Ultra, I would like to see the knobs you have available. You can never stop spending on the bike. It is a law.

BDN... OK, Here's the skull shifter knob.

ultraboy-albums-heat-article-picture901-skull-shifter-about-2-tall-overall-1-7-8-wide-widest-jegs-p-n-720-9628-mr-gasket-9628.jpg

About 2" tall overall, and 1-7/8" wide at the widest part. Jegs P/N 720-9628

These are $11.99 at Jegs

I would like to thank Ultra for the outstanding job he did on the reverse gear extension handle...I installed it today and it is perfect...oh I did bend it about 30deg...only one suggestion...make dem damn allen screws bigger whew!!! LOL<br />
<br />
Tony

Yes he did a excellent job, and he did a fine deed by channeling donations for them into TrikeTalk. A Big Throttle Roll is in order.

Tony, these are extensions for the 5-speed Champion kits. With that said, if you want one, please let me know, and I'll get you one out. All I'll ask for is that you make a small donation (amount optional) to the Trike Talk web site operating expenses. Anyone can donate by clicking on the 'Donate' button on the right side of the main forum page.

Dave

I know this a very old message, but I'll ask anyway. Are the Champion 5 speed reverse handle extensions still available?

If so, I'd really like to purchase one. Thanks.

--Paul

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back