Cams And Comments

Am I reading the graph properly? Over 100 lbs of torque @ 2500 rpm. It's a 103 cu, what else have you done to the motor? Nice graph? I want some!

Yes you are reading that right. At least that is what the paper says. See post 16 above. Trike has stock motor with only cams, Air Cleaner, Headers and Mufflers changed. The tune is a good one and it was recently "updated" after the muffler change by tuning on the fly.

Overall I am very happy with it and the best part is seems to handle just about any gas without pinging. While in Montana I had to buy some realy low grade gas and I dosed it with octane booster, but it ran great all the time.

Sam

Yes you are reading that right. At least that is what the paper says. See post 16 above. Trike has stock motor with only cams, Air Cleaner, Headers and Mufflers changed. The tune is a good one and it was recently "updated" after the muffler change by tuning on the fly.

Overall I am very happy with it and the best part is seems to handle just about any gas without pinging. While in Montana I had to buy some realy low grade gas and I dosed it with octane booster, but it ran great all the time.

Sam

The chart looks good, I wonder what kind of numbers it would turn out on a Dynojet DJ250ix dyno. I've heard the Dynomite dynos show 5 - 10% higher numbers than the Dynojet DJ250. The biggest thing is your happy and it is more tolerant of lower quality fuels. I might have missed it, what tuner did you go with?

The chart looks good, I wonder what kind of numbers it would turn out on a Dynojet DJ250ix dyno. I've heard the Dynomite dynos show 5 - 10% higher numbers than the Dynojet DJ250. The biggest thing is your happy and it is more tolerant of lower quality fuels. I might have missed it, what tuner did you go with?

The tuner is the SE Pro. I have always assumed that different dynos are likely to show different results, but in the end all you want is a good tune with good results and I think I have that. I was really happy when I lost the Rush mufflers and went with the Fatshotz and with a little tweaking on the tune she runs better than ever.

I didn't post the chart to brag about the numbers, but was trying to answer the question posed on the TW555 by showing the power curve.

Sam

Maybe a picture is better than words to answer your questions.

Sam
Am I reading this chart correctly,, 112 lbs of Torque @ 2500 RPMs? just by adding a TW-555. Any other engine adds? I believe I saw a chart like that after a Fuel Motto 107 build with Jackpot exhaust using the TW-555 and 10:25 too 1 compression?

I didn't post the chart to brag about the numbers,

I didn't figure you did, I threw that out for other peoples benefit. There are folks who live and die by dyno numbers and then start wondering why they don't get the same results out of the same parts. There are a hand full of dyno manufacturers and none will put out numbers that will match the others, I would think they all could get together and come out with a standard. Heck even Dynojet older models vs the newer model have a 10% difference between them, the older ones give larger numbers.

I didn't figure you did, I threw that out for other peoples benefit. There are folks who live and die by dyno numbers and then start wondering why they don't get the same results out of the same parts. There are a hand full of dyno manufacturers and none will put out numbers that will match the others, I would think they all could get together and come out with a standard. Heck even Dynojet older models vs the newer model have a 10% difference between them, the older ones give larger numbers.

That's pretty simple then. Use the older one and you will be happier.:D

I to get around those same numbers with my Police 103. S and S 510G cams, air cleaner true duals and the old style SE mufflers. No problems with the lower octane fuel. Reference the Dyno's there are so many variables, tempature outside, humidity the tuner. You can take the same bike and do a run one day and then the same bike on the same dyno another day and the results will be different because of the variables that can not be controlled.

Like Mike says the bottom line is get it tuned the best you can and if it runs great then you are done. A couple of HP or LBS of torque change from day to day.

100 plus HP/LBS from a 103 with just those changes is very possible.

100 plus HP/LBS from a 103 with just those changes is very possible.

The sad thing is the old CVO 103 made those numbers with just an air cleaner, pipe and tune. I saw many of CVO 103's make either 100/100 or darn close to it without cracking into the engine. I made it a point to torment the Customer service guy when I was bringing up the lack luster performance of my then new Triglide, he didn't know what to say, I think I caught him stone cold without a snappy come back to offer up in their defense.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back