Max Cell cams

molokaimike

150+ Posts
Gold Member
Mar 28, 2020
Surprise, AZ, USA
I've heard some good things about the Max Cell 818H cam for my M8 114. I was just looking for input from anyone who has installed on and what their thoughts were. I'll be doing lifters and push rods at the same time.

I've been trying everything I can think of to locate a place where I can get the Max Cell 818H cam. I've tried J&T V Twin, DK Custom, Jim's V Twin Performance and others. All I have found out is that these outlets either don't carry the Max Cell cams or they don't sell retail. I'm about ready to forget getting one of these cams and start looking for another low-mid range cam.

If you have no luck locating a Max Cell cam, I highly recommend the S&S 465 cam. It is their torque cam, I have it in my 17 and I am very pleased with it.

I've been trying everything I can think of to locate a place where I can get the Max Cell 818H cam. I've tried J&T V Twin, DK Custom, Jim's V Twin Performance and others. All I have found out is that these outlets either don't carry the Max Cell cams or they don't sell retail. I'm about ready to forget getting one of these cams and start looking for another low-mid range cam.

dsc_2530_37fc8b7529eff9e94231cd24446c151fc2533817.jpg

I've made several calls to Jims V Twin with no answer, I've sent a message to his voce mail and a message top his page and have still not received a reply. This is becoming a quest now. :gah:

Just about ready to give up on getting a Max Cell cam and going with the S&S. Now the decision is to go with the 465 or 475 S&S cam. They have a kit for each that includes a Dynojet PV-3 tuner. I'm looking for a boost in low to mid-range power ad my usual cruise RPM is 3500. I already have a high flow air cleaner and a gutted head pipe with V&H slip ons. The 465 was recommended on here as a good torque cam but would like to know what the 475 has to offer.

Check out the Zippers Red Shift 468 cam Torque from 1500 rpm to around 4500 with a zippers Thundermax tuner they have wide band 02 sensors I will see if I can find my Dyno sheet from my 2020

I pulled the trigger on the Zippers Red Shift 468 cam. Read the info on it and the power band it will boost is right where I want it. Now the fun begins.

Check out the Zippers Red Shift 468 cam Torque from 1500 rpm to around 4500 with a zippers Thundermax tuner they have wide band 02 sensors I will see if I can find my Dyno sheet from my 2020

I would be interested in hearing about the Thundermax tuner since I have to get a tuner also.

Finished the install of the Zipper Red Shift 468 cam and all I can say is THANKS Road Dog, I now have a new trike. This thing runs like a Top Fuel dragster, I swear the front wheel lifted when I took off. It comes on very strong and has quick throttle response. The best part is the way it lopes at idle, I can't wait to pull up next to another Harley at a stop light and just idle next to him. I got their kit that came with the cam, lifters, adjustable push rods, new chrome push rod tubes and complete gasket kit all in the mid $700 range. I added a hi-flow air cleaner and I have a gutted stock head pipe with V&H slip on mufflers. I now have to get a tuner and I'd like to get it dyno tuned but all I can say is WOW what a difference. Thanks for turning me on to Zippers.

Finished the install of the Zipper Red Shift 468 cam and all I can say is THANKS Road Dog, I now have a new trike. This thing runs like a Top Fuel dragster, I swear the front wheel lifted when I took off. It comes on very strong and has quick throttle response. The best part is the way it lopes at idle, I can't wait to pull up next to another Harley at a stop light and just idle next to him. I got their kit that came with the cam, lifters, adjustable push rods, new chrome push rod tubes and complete gasket kit all in the mid $700 range. I added a hi-flow air cleaner and I have a gutted stock head pipe with V&H slip on mufflers. I now have to get a tuner and I'd like to get it dyno tuned but all I can say is WOW what a difference. Thanks for turning me on to Zippers.

I think for the M8 its a really good cam, It drops off around 4500 rpm, mine would pull the front wheel off the ground in 3rd gear if you could catch 4th gear right same thing. I did a Redshift 472 next one up from the 468 more torque in in the higher rpm not as good down low. Zippers is good people, my buddy had them do the motor in a Dyna twin cam, it was a good amount of $$$$ scary fast.

Dropping off at 4500 is not an issue for me as my normal cruise RPM on the highway is 3500. But with me and the trike sitting at around 1500 lbs the boost in low end torque is the most important issue and boy did I get a boost in torque. Looking forward to getting it dyno tuned not only to see the numbers but to make sure that it's set up correctly.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back