Bullet Brake Parking Brake on DCT Good or No?

Gripman

20+ Posts
Mar 21, 2014
Greenbank,WA
Owner of a 2022 Honda DCT / Roadsmith trike and would like to hear from anyone using the Bullet parking brake system because I don't have very much confidence with the system from Honda on a trike

Bullet Parking Brake

You can't go wrong with the Bullet Parking Brake.

It is well made and very easy to install.

Just make sure to put some rags under it when you take the brake line loose, just in case you drip some brake fluid, as you don't want brake fluid on paint!

I don't think it took 5 minutes or so, to install ours. Took longer to find the correct size wrench.

Ours is an 18 Goldwing DCT CSC Encore Trike kit.

It works slick and you won't move the bike once it is applied.

Simple design, that actually works.

Order it, we have had ours for about 1 year and no problems at all.

Good luck!

2018 Gold Wing Tour DCT Air Bag / 2023 CSC Encore Kit here. The Bullet Brake works as advertised. You are not likely to ride off with it engaged like you can with the stock Gold Wing parking brake.

I have it on my '21 Tour, and I love it ,,,,,,,,BUT I have been fighting since day one with the pressure bleeding off the brake, occasionally. I always have a firm lever but sometimes, usually after riding, I will set the brake and when I come back the pin is still in but no pressure.

I was washing on the driveway recently and while I was hosing off the soap it just started rolling, slowly, but enough that it was going to get away. Last october in Gatlinburg in a parking lot it let loose after 3 hours and rolled across the drive into a pick up truck, ruining a perfectly good rear door on my Roadsmith.

And yes, it has been bled over and over. I just returned from a trip to KD Cycle for a new door and help on this and we are down to maybe the ABS bleeding off sometimes??? no one has given me a plausible fix on this. I can park in the garage and stay fully locked down for several days, the ride it and it lets go.

I now carry a wood block, I hate it but not as much as I did the factory brake. After two warped rotors on the right rear I took the park brake caliper off. If anyone has an insight I would love to hear it. Last thought, Bullet Brake has been great, even sent me a new one to verify that its not the BB itself.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back