Brake lights

Dec 15, 2010
Las Vegas, Nv USA
Can anyone tell me how to adjust the sensitivity of the brake lights? Mine only come on when i put full pressure to the pedal. When i just use the brake to slow down some no brake light at all.

Thanks Terry #696

The switch is under the seat down on the brake booster. I can not remember if there was an adjustment to it or not.

I would check the level of the brake fluid. I think it is just a pressure switch with no adjustment.
there are 2 switches posible one is factory ford the other is aftermarket weather proof one. they are nonadjustible i have the factor ford on mine bought a new one from ford easy to replace. the other one is from stallion...

there are 2 switches posible one is factory ford the other is aftermarket weather proof one. they are nonadjustible i have the factor ford on mine bought a new one from ford easy to replace. the other one is from stallion...

Part true !! The black switches (both) have a plunger that is engaged by the brake assembly that brakes or makes electrical contact for the brake lights, cruise control and allows you to take the gear shift out of park. If those contacts are not aligned properly that may be the problem of having to fully press on the brake pedal to engage the circuit for the brake lights. I had several switches that went bad on me so I took the switch apart (new model) and realigned the contacts and have not had any issues for almost 40k miles since.

Tomg

brake light switch

terry do you have a part number for the switch you replaced? Was it a Ford part or aftermarket. thanks....Flangar,,,,(formerly from Las Vegas)

Brake switch replaced twice

My service technician said the brake light switch went bad again! Is there an aftermarket weather proof one available please?

Thoroughbred MotorSports has one. Requires re-wiring but is not hard to do if you have some mechanical ability.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back