Bluebonnets in Texas Hill Country

Rosy, Pick up the NJ Turnpike where it crosses the Garden State Parkway, no Tappan Zee Bridge or George Washington Bridge. Going to Washington Tidal Basin to see the cherry blossoms. Flowers are at peak right now, and will arrive on Sunday. Hopefully traffic will be lighter. Pot holes are a big concern. Will take it easy to allow time to avoid most. Anxious to go! Thanks! Leo

Too bad we have commitments or we would be with you. Hey, we may be speaking about a trip to Canada in the near future. We may sit down at the Northeast Rally and speak about some details for next year.
Bruce and Deb may want to go. Did the Cabot Trail years ago and that was great.
Think about it.
Have a wonderful and safe trip. May the Weather Gods shine their face on you!
Rosy

Rosy, Would have loved to have you folks join me. Trip to Canada sounds interesting! All booked up for this year, but next year works for me. Won't be at the Northeast Rally this year because I'm going out west late August/early September. You can tell I'm chomping at the bit. Was outside shining trike tires. Thanks for the good wishes! Leo

FYI folks, I made it...

Arrived at my Dallas hotel safe and sound. It is a nice Best Western hotel downtown. Will be here two nights, three nights in Fredericksburg and three nights in Kerrville. Tomorrow, take the DART rail to the George W. Bush Presidential Library. Found a church just down the street for Easter Sunday service.

Was taking pictures of various wildflowers when my eyes came across Texas Bluebonnets in the Dallas area. Almost jumped off my seat with joy. :pepper: Eventually found a side road where I could take pictures. Bluebonnets are very showy and fragrant. So glad I got to see them! ThumbUp

Attachments

• B1 (1024x757).jpg
    B1 (1024x757).jpg
    496.2 KB · Views: 95
  • B5 (1024x768).jpg
    B5 (1024x768).jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 95
  • B6 (1024x767).jpg
    B6 (1024x767).jpg
    673.3 KB · Views: 91
  • B8 (1024x765).jpg
    B8 (1024x765).jpg
    660.7 KB · Views: 86
Leo, we will be following you to the Hill Country. Leaving out at 4 a.m. to get thru the Dallas traffic and making our way to San Antonio. Should hit the Twisted Sisters Tuesday. I am expecting a long day of riding Tuesday with the wife on the back taking alot of pictures. Hope we cross paths. Mike

A friend of mine sent me this photo a few minutes ago. Ennis, TX had a bumper crop this year....

EnnisBluebonnets.jpg

Wife and I went for a ride to Mason Texas Saturday.....one of the most dismal years for flowers I have seen there....late for bluebonnets but the other flowers are usually stunning....the fall was just too dry last year...it sucks!

Found plenty of flowers late April.

Attachments

• Flw1 (640x480).jpg
    Flw1 (640x480).jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Flw2 (640x480).jpg
    Flw2 (640x480).jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 78
  • Flw3 (640x480).jpg
    Flw3 (640x480).jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Flw4 (640x480).jpg
    Flw4 (640x480).jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 88
Welcome to the Texas hill country! The bluebonnets were beautiful and all the other wildflowers added to the great landscapes we have here. We look forward every year hoping for a good crop for some wonderful rides around our Texas roads. We even had a bumper crop out on Toll Road 130 east of Austin, of course it is hard to enjoy when you are going the speed limit (85). Hope you saw a bunch before there started to diminish for the season. Ride safe.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back