Back From Trip With A Couple Of Problems

rocket1lf

450+ Posts
Dec 7, 2013
Hot Arizona, USA
Just got back from a 2000 mile trip up in Colorado. It did rain for several days. The only problem I saw from the rain is the LED indicators for the voltage and air bags started flashing from dim to bright. After the rain, they worked fine. I have the old style cruise control/brake light switch and it worked fine.

The bigger problems I have are:

1: The ignition switch has to be turned very hard against the stop to get it to engage and start the engine. Any suggestions?

2: The cable on the trunk key broke and I wasn't able to open the trunk. I finally figured out I could get to it by taking out the license plate light assembly and getting to the cable with an offset pair of needle nose pliers. I was able to grab onto the cable and pull it to open the latch. For a temporary repair, I put a cable tie onto the emergency release handle and left that hang out from under the trunk lid. I was able to release the trunk by pulling on that. This was done in the rain. What fun.. Anyway, does anyone know if the cable can be replaced or if I need a new mechanism? If I need the whole thing, does anyone know which Ford one TBMS used? Has anyone replaced the original one with a remote operated one? What did you use in place of the rivets that needed to be drilled out to access the mechanism? Thx Rick

Just got back from a 2000 mile trip up in Colorado. It did rain for several days. The only problem I saw from the rain is the LED indicators for the voltage and air bags started flashing from dim to bright. After the rain, they worked fine. I have the old style cruise control/brake light switch and it worked fine.

The bigger problems I have are:

1: The ignition switch has to be turned very hard against the stop to get it to engage and start the engine. Any suggestions?

2: The cable on the trunk key broke and I wasn't able to open the trunk. I finally figured out I could get to it by taking out the license plate light assembly and getting to the cable with an offset pair of needle nose pliers. I was able to grab onto the cable and pull it to open the latch. For a temporary repair, I put a cable tie onto the emergency release handle and left that hang out from under the trunk lid. I was able to release the trunk by pulling on that. This was done in the rain. What fun.. Anyway, does anyone know if the cable can be replaced or if I need a new mechanism? If I need the whole thing, does anyone know which Ford one TBMS used? Has anyone replaced the original one with a remote operated one? What did you use in place of the rivets that needed to be drilled out to access the mechanism? Thx Rick

I have read of others having te problem with a hard switch. It happens on our police Crown Vic's also. You have to replace the assembly.

Yep you discovered what was posted on the site several tears ago to get into the trunk. I think you can make your own cable. If not a call to Stallion will be in order.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back