Automatic Compression Release

wow thats cool..you were still able to use the same starter..them 120CU are a hoot to start with out the compression releases..

You might get lucky when its dead cold, once warm its game over and time for some releases. I could have gone with a later intake closing cam which would have lowered the CCP more and let me get away with only using them on heat soak starts. I was looking to keep my bottom end torque coming in soon, I figure 115 ft/lbs at 2,500 rpm is pretty good.

Sounds like fun, bet you wished for some electric start about that time.

Yup! Remember a Sportster I had that was a kicker. I was at Geneva on the Lake. Eddies Grill as matter of fact. I rode up there with 4 other guys.

Got ready to leave, everyone is already started except me. Well you guessed it, I flooded it!
They all shut theirs off and stood around watching me kick, and kick, and kick. Then my so called buddy started counting and jabbin me. So I would not stop kickin.
Now a big crowd gathers. About 20 or so riders. I am not about to stop now.
FRinally after about 30 kicks it fires. They all clap, cheer, and high five. The other buds all fire up to leave and I shut down!! Now they shut down again and ask "now what's wrong"?

I was too tired to ride and had to take a break! That's no chit.

I had a 1972 electric start Sporty at one time also back in '72. Got harassed, by some riders, cause it was electric start and the oil tank was in the wrong spot for a true Harley. Go figure.

By the way ACR's on the 120R.

In '65 I had a "left twister" on a '53 Indian Chief. Big, & heavy with one big seat for two w/butt rail. 80 inches of pure hell if you didn't know how to start it right !
A number of times I had to remove the plugs & dry out. Someone had put the wrong coils on it. Big difference when ya got good spark ! ha

Yup! Remember a Sportster I had that was a kicker. I was at Geneva on the Lake. Eddies Grill as matter of fact. I rode up there with 4 other guys.

Got ready to leave, everyone is already started except me. Well you guessed it, I flooded it!
They all shut theirs off and stood around watching me kick, and kick, and kick. Then my so called buddy started counting and jabbin me. So I would not stop kickin.
Now a big crowd gathers. About 20 or so riders. I am not about to stop now.
FRinally after about 30 kicks it fires. They all clap, cheer, and high five. The other buds all fire up to leave and I shut down!! Now they shut down again and ask "now what's wrong"?

I was too tired to ride and had to take a break! That's no chit.

I had a 1972 electric start Sporty at one time also back in '72. Got harassed, by some riders, cause it was electric start and the oil tank was in the wrong spot for a true Harley. Go figure.

By the way ACR's on the 120R.

Sounds like you have some great friends:laugh:.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back