As promised, Pics of Blackie with DW 2" deluxe lift (Cobra 900s, too)

tank lift

did your stock fuel line fit or did you have to lengthen it

- - - Updated - - -

in the picture there appears to be something black in front of your tank. What is it?

did your stock fuel line fit or did you have to lengthen it

- - - Updated - - -

in the picture there appears to be something black in front of your tank. What is it?

The stock line is a braided line and is at the rear left-side of the tank. I did not do the install because Iron Valley HD did it when they did the FP3 and other parts. I also checked the leftover parts and the long gas line is in the bag.

I think what you at be referring to is the electrical connection to the tank gauges in the front near the spark plug wire.

When I put a 1.5" lift on the 2006 Street Bob that I had the line had plenty of play; it is the same here. I made sure that there was only about a gallon of gas in the tank--that makes a big difference when you are trying to install.

BTW, I hope that everyone does like I did and made certain the bike was squeaky clean and arrived early enough so the engine was cool for the installs. They were installing lights on a pair of bikes as mine was being done and I heard the other mechanic comment that the dirty bike made it hard for him to do a good job. The service manager actually thanked me for being considerate to the mechanic.

Off for a ride..

Just love the response with the tuner, K&N and Cobras. Sound is great too. Makes me wonder what it is like for you guys who de-cat, have true duals as well as a fancy intake and a custom tune.

Last edited:
tank lift

the black I am referring to is sitting on the top front of the tank between the handlebars and the chrome dash

looks good !

Couple questions, do you really think it will help with the cooling of the motor ?
Raising the tank, how did it affect the front part of the seat. Isn't the front part of the seat resting on tank ? did it create more of a bend upwards on the seat ?

the black I am referring to is sitting on the top front of the tank between the handlebars and the chrome dash

I have a small tool bag there for sunglasses and garage door opener. It is an old HD bag that would fit on the front handlebars at the "V".
- - - Updated - - -

looks good !

Couple questions, do you really think it will help with the cooling of the motor ?
Raising the tank, how did it affect the front part of the seat. Isn't the front part of the seat resting on tank ? did it create more of a bend upwards on the seat ?

The motor seems to be much cooler. I don't really notice heat until I am stopped. The rear cylinder seems not to go to the heat setting and shut down as frequently.

I think that the floorboard extensions also help. There is much more circulation around the engine and my lower legs are away from the engine. That always seemed to trap in heat on all my bikes. I added a 3 inch shifter peg to make it easier to reach.

I am not going to put any heat shields on until I put a few more miles on him.

The seat is a tallboy and it does bend a a greater angle but it still sits on the tank. There is a bit more crease in the seat but it is not problematic.

Last edited:
Looking really nice Bill, another 5 minutes with the chrome polish for those rocker tops, lol!

tank lift

Thanks for answering my question. I could not for the life of me figure out that is a small tool bag and it looks good as does the whole bike

Tank Lift

How difficult was it to do the lift at the back of the tank at the seat? How well does the seat fit after lifting the back of the tank? How well did the lift reduce heat?

Received the 2" DK lift today but I didn't get the deluxe kit to raise the back of tank. Ordering today.

How difficult was it to do the lift at the back of the tank at the seat? How well does the seat fit after lifting the back of the tank? How well did the lift reduce heat?

Received the 2" DK lift today but I didn't get the deluxe kit to raise the back of tank. Ordering today.

The deluxe option (rear lift) is very easy to install. The seat will conform to the increased height of the tank. I noticed the nose uno a little at first, but forgot about it almost immediately. I "felt" more air around the heads ... but that could of been a planted seed. Kevin at DK has documented the cooling effect, and I have no reason to doubt his figures.

The deluxe option (rear lift) is very easy to install. The seat will conform to the increased height of the tank. I noticed the nose uno a little at first, but forgot about it almost immediately. I "felt" more air around the heads ... but that could of been a planted seed. Kevin at DK has documented the cooling effect, and I have no reason to doubt his figures.

Agreed on all counts. I have a tall boy and the seat front turns up and actually prevents the sliding some have mentioned. The seat does have a bit of a crease where it widens but not problematic.

I have a small tool bag there for sunglasses and garage door opener. It is an old HD bag that would fit on the front handlebars at the "V".
- - - Updated - - -

The motor seems to be much cooler. I don't really notice heat until I am stopped. The rear cylinder seems not to go to the heat setting and shut down as frequently.

I think that the floorboard extensions also help. There is much more circulation around the engine and my lower legs are away from the engine. That always seemed to trap in heat on all my bikes. I added a 3 inch shifter peg to make it easier to reach.

I am not going to put any heat shields on until I put a few more miles on him.

The seat is a tallboy and it does bend a a greater angle but it still sits on the tank. There is a bit more crease in the seat but it is not problematic.

Thanks for answering all my questions also ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back