Are you riding less due to

Got a call from a company that sells vest body coolers...circulates cold water and keeps you cool for 4 hrs..

I've ridden all but 23 days this year, if You count commuting.....all but 3 weekends, and just under 24,000 miles for the year......Guess I've been a "SLACKER" in 2011.....:D

:GL1800:

It's been a warm hot humid summer here in Michigan as well. Two weeks ago during the heat wave me and a buddy took off on a 1,000 mile 3 day ride in northern Michigan and crossed the bridge. Highway m-22 along the coast provided cooler riding and relief from the heat. Ended up at the Mackanaw Bridge for two nights. Day two spent time exploring the UP (upper peninsula for you out of staters) There is a new road H-58 that was just opened in October of 2010 and runs 40 miles along the coast of Lake Superior.

My Volusia 800 trike proved worthy of one up cross country riding. Former 1800 wing owner. One year I was riding with another couple and my wife from Green bay Wi. along Highway 2. It was 95 degrees down state and 75 degrees along lake Michigan. Having such a good time failed to call for reservations in Mackinaw City. Everyone from down state headed north to get out of the heat. Long story short our wonderful 250 mile ride turned into a 525 mile sore fanny ride to Grand Rapids.

Tideman

While I prefer the low, low winter temps. I will ride in any conditions. For those high heat days, I usually keep an old throat spray bottle handy filled with water. It's good for misting me while I ride.:Turkey:
Someone who used to live in Tucson told be recently that they used to leave a 1-2 lb. chicken on their car dashboards and watch it cook completely in 2 hrs. I guess that's cleaner than cooking an egg on pavement!:Joker3:

As a new Trike Rider, it is hard learning to ride a Trike in 105 degrees in South Carolina with a front end that wobbles at low speeds. I called the Motor Trike Inc. Tech. They advised me to have the installer check the front folk bearings and rear/front alignment.
So, dealing with new Trike Installation problems in the heat is very aggravating.

I just bought one of those STEELE Hydration vests with the ICE PACKS inside. Its heavy but it does cool you down for a couple of hours. But the face and head still get the heat. Its just toooo damn hot to ride when its 106 ' + FALL is coming soon. curley

long rides have been limited to the mountains, we can be at 7000 feet in less than an hour from home. it still has been pretty hot up there too, but not like Denver. leaving for Sturgis on Sunday, might not be as pleasant.

Be careful on the ride to Sturgis . I was told last night many roads are flooded . Back roads are not passable

Most riders here that always wear "Full Gear" have gone back to T-Shirts this summer because of the heat. Due to the Trikes havin' better "overturn odds", we have ridden a lot without Gear also....even rode the Scooters without it Sunday.....ThumbUp

Yes, I am riding about half of the normal miles I normally ride. However, I rode to West Virginia, Tennessee and The mountains of N carolina in the last month, plus I was at the trike rally last month. So I am still riding!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back