Riding twisty roads

Mykneesbehurtin

1500+ Posts
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2016
Dayton Ohio
There is so much talk about the Dragons Tail, 100 plus curves in 11 miles or so and that is for sure a workout on a trike. We just got back from Cherokee NC via the Blue Ridge Parkway, our first stop from Dayton Ohio was Charleston WV. So, the next day we left for Roanoke going 60 east now never have ridden this road I wasn't sure what to expect, but I can now say it most definitely a workout. Lots of 15,20,30 mph curves with several down and uphill 90 degree turns plus the scenery was beautiful. By the time we got to the motel in Roanoke my arms felt like I had gone 10 rounds in the ring lol. And another 360 miles of parkway, so my shoulders are just a little sore today with riding straight thru yesterday to miss all the rain that was predicted for today. But it was my wife and I 50th anniversary so it was well worth it.

Done the dragon’s dozen times or so on the 2 Wheel but never on the Trike. Done the back of the dragon. Fixing to do WV next week…I know it will be a workout but I love it.

Done the dragon’s dozen times or so on the 2 Wheel but never on the Trike. Done the back of the dragon. Fixing to do WV next week…I know it will be a workout but I love it.

Route 60 to Charleston is a beautiful ride for sure plus along the way there is an Inn overlooking the river with waterfalls. It is located at Kanawha Falls WV, the name of the Inn is Glenn Ferris Inn.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back