Are the dealers that hard UP?

Its just strange with this dealer. I watched a guy ask the parts person, do they have led taillights. Of course they do, it on a rear fender desplay in side a case. But the parts person told the man, no we don't carry any. The man turned around and walked out. I know that they sell alot of V&N but more of Rush. My sales person asked this morning about the led taillights for the trike and all we got were , it could mess up the electrical. I have been riding with Kury Iso grips for 18 years and loved them. I asked about those this morning and was told, "I don't like them, you should stick with the HD brand". Wow, what does it matter what the sales person thinks, if I want the Iso grips, he should jump thru hoops to order me a set. Is this a HD thing, or just the different dealers?

I think you might be better served to find another dealer because the one your dealing with right now sounds like your going to have trouble with them in the future. I would run as far and as fast as I could from them chumps.

I wish there was a dealer like that around here. We have a couple of desent dealers in the North East Texas area but not that good. They do sale Aftermarket parts.

If you haven't already, you should try Paris HD, good folks in my book. But, then again maybe that's who you deal with already.

My dealer will sell or install anything - for a price. Last week I asked how much to install the lift kit. Service manager said 3 hours, even after I told him most shops said it took them 1 to 1.5 hours, but at least they would install it. So I went home and installed it myself. Took me about 4 hours, but what else are you going to do on a rainy Saturday with very few of the recommended tools. :D

We get 20% discount 24/7. Dealer has free service seminars, dealer rides(free food at beginning of ride), and parties every month.

Sometimes they pi$$ me off, but overall they are a great dealer.

My dealer has both good and bad points, just as I suppose any dealer does.

They sell all of their bikes at msrp but are not willing to negotiate. I recall seeing a Crossbones sitting on their floor for almost 2 years before it was gone. I don't know if they sold it or just traded it off to another dealer.

When I bought my trike, the best they would do is 10% off any accessories at the time of the bike purchase. Plus they would have to install them at their regular labor rates. I told them I am more than capable of installing virtually anything myself and that I can easily get HD parts at 20% off via the internet. I asked if they would at least go to 15% off but that didn't concern them, even though I had a list of almost $3,000 in accessories that I was ready to write a check for. Needless to say, I left with my trike and placed my internet order later that day.

They do sell virtually anything the aftermarket offers but at full retail price. They just started offering a 10% discount to HOG members and only on Wednesdays.

My dealer does have a weekly bike night that is pretty popular and I usually go to that to waste time for a while.

My dealer ordered and installed the lift kit from Dennis. They will order whatever aftermarket parts you want. Time to find another dealer.

I agree with everyone. However, this isn't my first rodeo and those parts guys don't know me all too well. I find it funny that they have a Drag book on the counter but seldom open it. Used to be all kinds of aftermarket books were available. I have approached them with ideas I want to do to my Deluxe and I always got "oh we can't do that". Since the dealer sold a few years ago, the parts dept has changed very much. The manager now will not recommend any aftermarket and I think that is his rule now. But if I want something I will get it. I'm learning that this parts dept is only there to have a job. Thinking on all what I have been told, I honestly feel that its a liability thing, each parts guy is afraid to recommend something if it were to damage something or the customer is not happy. That is so much a shame when they are the leading dealer in the middle tn area.

I can't decide on grips. I loved Kury Iso's for so long but don't know if that is what I want now. So they will just stay stock for now. But gotta get me a couple of those cramp busters. And this dealer doesn't even know what they are!!!

I bought a 06' Ultra Classic from Paris harley and had them do some work on it they were great. We retired and were in Yellowstone NP and had an accident with the Ultra so ended up trading and getting a '11 Triglide fron Yellowstone Harley. When we got back to Texas we got the recall notice on the brake switch. Took the trike in to Paris Harley and the first thing they said was did ypu buy from us ,no, they didn't want to work on it. Called Wiskey River Harley in Texarkana and they said yea bring it in and we will fix you up, they also waranted the seat that was coming unstitched. Great customer service and went over and above to make us happy. There is a lot of great dealers out there also some not so great. I rode Goldwings for years and most Honda dealers I went in were very indifferent wheather you were there are not a lot better service from Harley but that is what Harley sales is the life style and comerodity. Still love my TriGlide heat and all. George

I bought a 06' Ultra Classic from Paris harley and had them do some work on it they were great. We retired and were in Yellowstone NP and had an accident with the Ultra so ended up trading and getting a '11 Triglide fron Yellowstone Harley. When we got back to Texas we got the recall notice on the brake switch. Took the trike in to Paris Harley and the first thing they said was did ypu buy from us ,no, they didn't want to work on it. Called Wiskey River Harley in Texarkana and they said yea bring it in and we will fix you up, they also waranted the seat that was coming unstitched. Great customer service and went over and above to make us happy. There is a lot of great dealers out there also some not so great. I rode Goldwings for years and most Honda dealers I went in were very indifferent wheather you were there are not a lot better service from Harley but that is what Harley sales is the life style and comerodity. Still love my TriGlide heat and all. George

Too bad, hate to hear that.....I go to them for anything I need done, in fact I drive almost 100 miles one way to deal with them (Paris). Wish I knew who you spoke with up there, I would smack'em in the noggin.

I can't understand any dealer refusing to do any work - of any kind. Don't they know what the economy is like. Dealers like that I wish would go out of buisness.

If I owned a repair shop and heard an employee tell someone he wouldn't do the work, I'd fire his a$$ immediately.:mad:

I can't understand any dealer refusing to do any work - of any kind. Don't they know what the economy is like. Dealers like that I wish would go out of buisness.

If I owned a repair shop and heard an employee tell someone he wouldn't do the work, I'd fire his a$$ immediately.:mad:

A lot of them still think it still like it was years ago when you would have to get on a waiting list. I'm going to be watching with interest the dealer my dad and I quite doing business with because he is going to building a huge new building which means more allotment to sell. I don't think this area will support it and the reason he has done as well as he has is because he doesn't have to take the allotment of bikes HD says his market should have. He had 2 dealers in his area, one is about 25 miles from him and the other is about 50 miles from him.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddienorman
Back