Anyone Try the DK Nexgen 13" Shocks W/O a Lift Kit?

tpb857

20+ Posts
May 11, 2022
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Good Morning All,

I'm thinking of changing the rear suspension on my 22 CVO Tri Glide. My goal is what you would expect - smooth out the bumps a bit and more stability in curves. I don't want to change the height of the trike. The back end has never scraped on it and the end of my driveway is quite a bit higher than the street. It looks like the Nexgen 13s may be what I am looking for as you do not need a lift kit as you do with the 14s. I haven't seen any reviews on the 13s. Is anyone using the 13s and, if so, what do you think? Is there a big difference from stock relating to what I am looking for?

Thanks,

Tom

I know what you mean about winter. It will probably be May before I ride again. I am going away somewhere warmer for a few weeks. I'll call DK when I get back.

Nex-Gen 13 inch Triglide shocks

I just recieve my Nex-Gen 13 inch shocks for my 2020 Triglide. I also bought the comfort lift kit. There is not too much chatter out there about these shocks. Going to install them soon. Been watching all the install videos from DK and couple other triglide owners. I did a lot of research on triglide shocks and come to the conclusion that the Nex-gen 13 inch triglide shocks were my final choice.

Was just going to stay with the OEM shocks Till the wife keep making comments when we hit a bump/pothole/you name it. I was fine riding by myself. Didn't bother me a bit using the OEM shocks. I wanted her to have the best ride possible. In my research I did not come accross 1 bad review of the nex-gen 14 inch shock. So I bought the brother, 13 inch Nex-gen shock. It has the same shaft travel, at 4 inchs as the 14 inch. I could go on and on about the dynamics of the nex-gen shock.

A lot of triglide owners comments were "just do it, you won't regrett it". or "best upgrade we ever did", So iI did it.

So, I shall see!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back