AGM Battery

Jun 28, 2015
Forest Lake MN.
What brand of an AGM battery do you guys/gals favor? I am going to replace my lead acid and want to get an AGM. I have a 99 1500 Wing SE.

I have been researching and getting more confused. I am leaning toward a Deka AGM

Thanks for any comments!

WS

What brand of an AGM battery do you guys/gals favor? I am going to replace my lead acid and want to get an AGM. I have a 99 1500 Wing SE.

I have been researching and getting more confused. I am leaning toward a Deka AGM

Thanks for any comments!

WS

You can't go wrong with the DEKAThumbUp... Stay away from those Never-Start sold by Wally-World!

If you go that route keep in mind the charging issues with a regular charger

+1 on the charger. AGM batteries take a different rate and voltage of charge than traditional wet cell units. Also the "float" or "maintain" setting on an AGM may be different. And the Gel Cell is different to charge also. You don't have to spend big bucks for a charger that will charger and maintain the different batteries, just make sure there are settings for traditional Lead Acid Wet Cell, AGM and Gel Cell batteries.

Odyssey PC680 AGM.

Put a new one in the '97 GL1500 Trike in August 2004, this past December 2015 right at Christmas I ordered it's replacement ..... another Odyssey PC680 AGM at $91.99 plus tax, free shipping .... and a couple days later I ordered a second one for my '85 GL1200-A.

It's not just a "starting battery", it is also a "deep cycle" battery. The 2004 one is still good, was still starting the trike reliably .... but now I'll make a pouch for it and strap it on the seat of my '74 Trident when I ride it as they don't spill.

Both arrived within 3 days of their order.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom Wallen
Back