A Day in the Life...

Oh my gosh Kevin. I'm so sorry. I just read all of the info you linked here. What a senseless, horrible loss. My heart goes out to you and everyone in Larry's life. Please forgive my post.

No apology needed. Thank you.

Enjoy your ride and stay safe, that is the best way to honor your friend.

Yes, we've all stayed safe this weekend and spent a lot of time remembering, and learning more about Larry. His wife and sister met us out here and spent a couple of days with us. What an honor.

Today is the day I have the honor of placing flowers on Family Graves Grandparents and parents and my oldest brother. I named my son him after makes one think of our own mortality and how short our time here really is. You see it seems two weeks ago I was 20. travel safely Fred

How very true that is!!!

It has been a mixture of a sad and happy weekend....missing Larry not riding with us, but remembering all the good times. Spending time with his wife, Regina, and sister, Patricia was very special.Here's the crew at Deals Gap on Friday.

707c0c0199802fc64d4ad097de7ef5d7.jpg

Leaving a little reminder.

683e615e5734d0425a6bce628ff600d0.jpg

Kevin

Every time I switch between my two rides I look like an idiot for the first 10 minutes trying to get use to the different clutch. Whole lotta difference between cable clutch and hydraulic...:xzqxz:

I think the cold weather is behind us for the year...at least until this coming fall.

Weather is forecast to be in the mid to high 80's each day for the next 10 days.

Won't be long til we are seeing the 90-100 degree days.

Here's a look back at some colder weather from early this year. :)

Kevin

I think the cold weather is behind us for the year...at least until this coming fall.

Weather is forecast to be in the mid to high 80's each day for the next 10 days.

Won't be long til we are seeing the 90-100 degree days.

Here's a look back at some colder weather from early this year. :)

Kevin
I love ya dude but looking through my 9" flat top that's cruel to remind us of winter, it's cold and brutal and for us Yankees no ridin... LOL... travel safely Fearless

There is one here, Bear Mtn Extention from rt9 to the Bmtn Bridge. All twisties for about 3 miles. Problem it's full of tree huggers and they jam up the road . :gah:

Also just out of Port [Jervis NY] on 97 The Hawks Nest.....But you can't ride fast though there, The 3 hundred foot cliffs on one side, And a 3 hundred foot drop into the river [Delaware] on the other side, with only a 3 foot high stone wall stoping you from swimming with the Shad.. Will mentally slow you up.

No Pictures but Rt. 6

Rt. 6 across what is called the northern Tier in Pennsylvania is beautiful that is where we were last fall. :Coffee: travel safely Fred

Attachments

• DSC00372.JPG
    DSC00372.JPG
    843 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC00363.JPG
    DSC00363.JPG
    870.1 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC00382.JPG
    DSC00382.JPG
    793.6 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC00376.JPG
    DSC00376.JPG
    814.4 KB · Views: 256
Mary asked if I wanted to borrow her truck this morning.

It was 75 degrees, but thunderstorms all around us.

I rode in, dodged several storm cells and made it to the shop pretty much dry, just rode thru a few sprinkles. :D

Kevin

There is one here, Bear Mtn Extention from rt9 to the Bmtn Bridge. All twisties for about 3 miles. Problem it's full of tree huggers and they jam up the road . :gah:

Tree Huggers?...in their cars, bicycles, walking?

Also just out of Port [Jervis NY] on 97 The Hawks Nest.....But you can't ride fast though there, The 3 hundred foot cliffs on one side, And a 3 hundred foot drop into the river [Delaware] on the other side, with only a 3 foot high stone wall stoping you from swimming with the Shad.. Will mentally slow you up.

Hawks%20Nest%20Road00.jpg

b463b28b9ca4347f19ff517c9134a7ba.jpg

Oh yeah! That looks like a ton of fun. Just gotta make sure you stay on the road, and that everyone else stays in their lane too. :laugh:

Rt. 6 across what is called the northern Tier in Pennsylvania is beautiful that is where we were last fall. :Coffee: travel safely Fred

Beautiful Fred! Hope to make it there one day.

Emory Pass, New Mexico

Cloudcroft to Weed, Pinon, Sun Spot. NM. Good riding Jim

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,bwVZmS6KXWAW5IYfpx5LQ8qTbZOKA5GAmS3TsyuukbOSGS3jL_cVdkxtqEUHPHSZ_bqVAN8kNyhK4ELmWoET131K6_y7Og

That looks like a great road!!!! :)

Kevin

I dodged all the thunderstorms coming in...but it is pouring down rain right now. lol

Hope it stops in the next few hours... it has turned cold and all I have is my mesh jacket. :D

Raining%20out_zpsnrdtmr52.jpg

Kevin

By the time I headed home last night the rain had stopped, the roads had dried and I had a nice relaxing ride into the sunset.

Today I have some reports to do, some testing of a new product...today or tomorrow (gotta dodge some more storms), a couple of appointments... we'll see how it all works out, might have time for a longer ride.

Kevin

I've been meaning to share this for a few days...finally remembered today.

I have Never like linked brakes.

ABS is another matter...even though I initially resisted ABS technology on my motorcycles, it did not take much thought to realize that ABS is an asset, should the need for them arise.

HOWEVER, linked brakes have, in my opinion, the potential to be dangerous in certain situations.

I understand that HD linked the brakes because too many riders were using only their rear brakes, and by linking them it forces those riders to also use their front brakes...where Most of the stopping power is.

This is obviously better for all the riders that don't use their front brakes when they should...HD now makes them use their front brakes...just a hint of some self driving technology.

BUT, what about us riders that like to use trail braking in the curves, what about riding on wet grass or gravel...those are times you do not want the front brakes to go on.

There are times that I want to use Only my rear brakes, and I do NOT like it that HD has made that impossible on the linked brake bikes.

That said, I have nearly 80K miles riding on linked brake bikes and it has not been horrible, just irritating now and then.... UNTIL about a week ago-

I was riding in a heavy rain, that had come up rather suddenly. It was on a heavily traveled city street.

I was well under the speed limit when a signal turned red ahead of me. NOT being a dumbass, I did Not apply my front brakes on a wet oily road.

I applied my rear brakes, as one should in a situation like that.

Well, the dumbass linked brakes also applied my front brake.

Yes, the front tire locked up on the wet oily surface and started sliding sideways. (the back tires were not even close to locking up...it was not a panic stop, it was a gentle application of the rear brakes)

Fortunately I was on the Tri-Glide and all I lost was the ability to steer. Had I been on 2 wheels, the front tire would have washed out and Mary and I would have been kissing the asphalt.

Linked brakes are a compromise that serves the lazy/uneducated rider in most situations well, but is an irritant to other riders that results in a reduction of motorcycling fun, and in certain situations is flat-out dangerous.

With all the push in self-driving technology in cars, I am not looking forward to even more technology on motorcycles that makes them more "safe" and less fun...plus with the potential for being Less safe in certain situations.

***rant off***

Have fun riding, and ride smart!

Kevin

Today I was going to be test riding a couple of new parts....gonna have to delay that now.

Weather%206-4-17_zpsso3hcbqk.jpg

Tomorrow afternoon, Devin and I have some test riding scheduled, but they are calling for more of the same...we'll see, that may get delayed also.

Reckon I'll be doing some maintenance work and catching up on a few things today.

Kevin

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back