A big thumbs up to Motor Trike CS and this forum in particular

Re: A big thumbs up to Motor Trike CS and this forum in particular

Yep, and good for you. And good for MT for stepping up to the plate. I just can't help but wonder what the outcome would have been if this wasn't such a public forum... but enough of this, onwards and upwards.ThumbUp

I agree enough from me too.
Next post will be a thumbs up or a thumbs down when I hear about the trike.
Its fixed or its not.

Well 7 weeks later to get both cv prop shaft seals done ..........correctly...............Its baaaaaaack and running like aces.

A bit of an out of pocket expense, but I expected that.
MT did send them the seals,
But and there always is a but.
Due to the fact that the shop that did the work had alot and I do mean alot of trouble getting the trike up in the air. This trike is all of 2 inches off the ground folks as the 2 gashes already from speed bumps in my right side running boards wil attest to.

I can see why MT wants their dealers to have a 4 post lift.
The shop in Delray are a good bunch.
But they use regular platform lifts with side wings for trike work.
They are a dealer for DFT and have no issues with that trike kit on their lifts.
As all of what they do trikewise, has been for V-Twins in the past.

The MT/Wing combo was a learning experience on my account, for us all.
Just removing the wheels and a lack of working space once they were off was a fun thing to see.
I could not have done it myself on only jack stands.
That 100% would have been unsafe.

From pictures I provided to MT it appeared as if the right side seal was shot.
MT allows 4 hours to replace the seal on one side.
Both sides were actually leaking by the way, not just the right side as it appeared intially.
They right or wrong had to take out the pumpkin.
Took 3 guys to lift it all up and off.
As I just watched.
It would have been difficult otherwise, if not impossible on a wing type lift with no middle hatch to do anything else.

Me Id have removed the rear body myself, but thats why I dont do repairs for a living.
A couple of 10 hours + spent on the actual intital job, maybe and alot of the trike sitting waiting to get the work done otherwise.

I picked the bike up rode it for a few days and honestly alot of vibration for a Wing.
I knew the drive shaft had to be in wrong.
I had to show the techs the pics and pages from MTs install manual regarding the drive shaft install.
Thanks to who ever it was that did the install manual here.
Sure enough it was in wrong.
Why would they have known otherwise??
A drive shaft is a drive shaft isnt it???
Not a MT shaft guys.
They did a short test ride 30-35mph very little vibration, they thought all was normal.

2 more weeks sitting, 3 borrowed ramps set backwards got the trike up high enough to redo the drive shaft as per MT.

Take the bike out again and no air pressure in the rear shocks zero nada zilch............some thing wasnt right. :gah:
Compressor was running but a fitting was loose someplace.
Back to shop and it sat some more......................other bikes to fix, only 2 techs.

Get the trike back this past Saturday and I rode it like a fool.
I did some stupid things I wouldnt normally do riding to check everything out.

So far everythings PERFECT.

I hope it stays this way for many many more miles and years...............

I dont think Delray Cycle is in any hurry to see my trike again any time soon though. And I hope they dont myself. But there is no hard feelings on anyones part.
As I said before, this was a good learning experience for us all..

Now its time for me to learn as much as I can about how this trike works.
I know nothing about a GoldWings mechanicals.
Guess Ill be reading alot on the 1800 tech forum.
Time for some homework to get myself a proper lift, or at the least some ramps and do myself what it needs in the future.
I honestly always wanted a 4 poster just never had a real reason to spring for one.
Now I do....... next present to myself maybe???
Give me 6 months and I will know every nut and bolt on a MT kit and GoldWing.
Thats a promise to myself.

So it might just be some time before Im back here again.
I do read here daily, but as I know so little about a Wing presently not much I can contribute here actually.

Thanks to all who were helpful here.
And to Zook for giving me a place to air my troubles.

I did not have a good experience with dealing with MT. I will not purchase another kit from them or there dealers any time soon as I plan to ride this trike and repair on my own regardless of warranty. Since bringing the trike home since last March I have had a few issues that MT is well aware of due to various phone calls and emails.
My dealers in this area are woefully inexperienced and indecisive as to costs to install said kits. My own experience with my dealer to date is that as I start to perform regular maintance to my trike I find flaws in the workmanship of the installation. namely the brakes need to be bleed, the exhaust pipes are not set up right that one sticks out further than the other and are not level. My parking brake cables are rubbing on the inside right tire and need to be tide back. Had my trike up on the lift to check out the brake/bleed problem and cannot believe the amount of rust on the MT chassis at this point. Can you say powder coat?? 4 bolts hold the calipers together. and they are rusted at this point so will be swappin them out for SS. Buyer beware. Thank the gods I am handy with a wrench.ThumbUp

The fact that MT allows their copyrighted service manual to be hosted online here (it was a big help to me in servicing/learning the do's & dont's) tells me they're pretty standup folks.

Are you sure thats motortrikes service manual, I think a member here on this forum made that service manual.

Are you sure thats motortrikes service manual, I think a member here on this forum made that service manual.

LOL, I had to go back & look. I should read the complete manual, as it does say in the credits at the end, the author thanked MT for their assistance (among others).

So you are correct. Still, a great thanks for the service manual, to the author, and all contributors.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back