S&S Big Bore Kits

S&S feels that trike owners lug them down to much, dont keep the RPMS. high enough, that's bad for the pistons & cylinders, plus most trikes are hard to tune to keep them cool. I think Harley does not recommend the 131 screaming eagles in trikes.

I looked at the S&S 124 kit also, and at the bottom of the page there is a disclaimer saying, due to the lugging nature of a trike they do not recommend this kit for the Tri glide.

If that is the case then why would it not work good in a trike. I keep mine between 2500 and 3000 rpm what ever gear I need to maintain that at the speed I want to run.

Just my opinion.....

The late model Tri-Glides are geared plenty low for their increased weight (compared to a two wheeled motorcycle).

Stock, mine had very limited power below 2,500rpm, and I tried to keep it around 3,000rpm for optimal throttle response.

I've got almost 15K trouble free miles on the 131 now....

The low end torque allows you shift sooner and generally cruise at a lower rpm and still have all the throttle response you want. I actually would prefer the "two wheeled" gearing for highway cruising, mine tends to build some heat when kept above 70mph for long distances.....

The weak link in putting additional power in the Tri-Glide is the drive train, clutches and compensators... If you use the power for passing and playing, no issues.... If you like popping the clutch, spinning the tires, and lifting the front wheel, you're gonna break things.....

Chuck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Delverc
Back