2018 Tri Glide Combined Speedo / Rev Counter repair.

Oct 14, 2021
UK
Eventually had to get my instrument issue sorted after a 3000 ride to, around and back from the Dolomites recently. Tri Glide was great and coped with everything that was thrown at her. Apart from the instruments and LCD display that is which stopped working on the way down and never worked again after displaying an intermittent fault for sone time. Anyway, my local Harley dealer eventually found out that it wasn't a wiring issue but a fault in the combined speedo / rev counter unit so they had to be replaced at huge expense……:mad::mad::mad:

So my question is does any forum member know of a company / individual etc who can repair these units? I tried one here in the UK but the unit was too new for them so were unable to help. I have no problem sending them abroad if the total cost is acceptable. Any suggestions amongst the membership????

TIA

Bob

Eventually had to get my instrument issue sorted after a 3000 ride to, around and back from the Dolomites recently. Tri Glide was great and coped with everything that was thrown at her. Apart from the instruments and LCD display that is which stopped working on the way down and never worked again after displaying an intermittent fault for sone time. Anyway, my local Harley dealer eventually found out that it wasn't a wiring issue but a fault in the combined speedo / rev counter unit so they had to be replaced at huge expense……:mad::mad::mad:

So my question is does any forum member know of a company / individual etc who can repair these units? I tried one here in the UK but the unit was too new for them so were unable to help. I have no problem sending them abroad if the total cost is acceptable. Any suggestions amongst the membership????

TIA

Bob
So did you pay the dealership to replace the faulty speedo or are you just using angry picture symbols like a little schoolgirl on her first rag? The gauge is probably made in China but it could be repaired if one has the schematic and knows how. Your better off upgrading anyway. Check out Dakota Digital.

So did you pay the dealership to replace the faulty speedo or are you just using angry picture symbols like a little schoolgirl on her first rag? The gauge is probably made in China but it could be repaired if one has the schematic and knows how. Your better off upgrading anyway. Check out Dakota Digital.

I thought my post clearly stated I had paid to have them replaced so, No, I am not using “angry picture symbols like a little schoolgirl etc etc……”

I was asking if any members knew of a business who offered a repair service. I am assuming you don’t………?

I thought my post clearly stated I had paid to have them replaced so, No, I am not using “angry picture symbols like a little schoolgirl etc etc……”

I was asking if any members knew of a business who offered a repair service. I am assuming you don’t………?

Old Road Dog, if you can't address a member's questions without being disrespectful for no reason, your ability to post will be limited or disabled.

You are not representing the cooperative attitude and values that this community was built on. If you are going through a difficult time, then take some time off and get past it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flyboy7312
Back