2013 cooling fan relay

Jul 17, 2014
Tyler, Texas
Good morning,

We have a 2013 and I'm looking for the cooling fan relay. I understand for the newer models it should be in the power distribution box under the air cleaner, does anyone have a picture inside the box identifying the various fuses and relays. I have in the past taken the bike to TBMS and discovered my power box has a mislabeled diagram imprinted on the box cover. I have a new thermal sensor switch a few months old but now does not turn on the fan and will not turn on the fan when grounded. I have also checked the coolant lever so there is plenty liquid running over the thermal sensor. I have checked all the fuses under the seat.

Does the fan come on when you turn the a/c on? May take a few minutes once the a/c compressor locks up for it to happen. If it doesn't come on once your a/c is running then it's probably a power supply issue. If it does come on with the a/c it's on the ground side (temp sensor, bad ground wire, etc).

bjb.JPG

also, if your AC system is not working right the compressor can be trying to cycle too much

This may cause the relay to over heat and continue to be a problem

Ok folks, I spoke with Richard from TMS and he said No fan relay! The fan is wired "hot" and the heat sensor over the right tire and the a/c switch both are wired to ground so either will activate the fan. My conservation was because I have gone through 6 of the sensors in 74k miles. Bottle line is I wired in a toggle switch to the sensor so I can manually activate the fan if the heat gauge goes over the middle mark.

tomg

Ok folks, I spoke with Richard from TMS and he said No fan relay! The fan is wired "hot" and the heat sensor over the right tire and the a/c switch both are wired to ground so either will activate the fan. My conservation was because I have gone through 6 of the sensors in 74k miles. Bottle line is I wired in a toggle switch to the sensor so I can manually activate the fan if the heat gauge goes over the middle mark.

tomg

Did the same with mine after the second unit failed

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back