12v Battery Charger @ $6.98

Feb 8, 2008
Central Texas
OOPS! I meant to say air compressor.

I saw 12v.battery chargers at Home Depot yestrday priced at $6.98. According to the package the charger wil deliver 250 psi.

Depending on the size of the air compressor, that sounds like a good deal. Just don't tell John L. that people are looking at stuff at Home Depot instead of Lowes.:mad:

Depending on the size of the air compressor, that sounds like a good deal. Just don't tell John L. that people are looking at stuff at Home Depot instead of Lowes.:mad:

I can't vouch for anything about the compressor other than what I read on the package. It does not have a tank, but neither do any of the other mini compressors that I have seen. If it gets ypou home once after repairing a puncture on the road, it's worth $7.

I stopped at a Honda dealer west of Atlanta to have a tire replaced while on a trip and they had a sign in the service area that said $30 extra charge for cleaning out tire sealants.

Yes. Those flat repairs in an aerosol can can (do) make a real mess and they can't repair a tire that a rope plug can't repair. I use a rope plug kit and a mini compressor. To each her/his own...

Yes. Those flat repairs in an aerosol can can (do) make a real mess and they can't repair a tire that a rope plug can't repair. I use a rope plug kit and a mini compressor. To each her/his own...

I'm with you with rope plugs and mini compressor. I bought a Slime Compressor and 2 days later got a nail in my tire. My only problem with rope plugs is sometimes they are almost impossible to insert unless you are a 400 lb gorilla. If home I've actually drilled the hole out bigger to get the plug in. I now carry smaller plugs that I haven't used yet but should be easier to insert in smaller holes. I don't remember where I got them though.

I'm with you with rope plugs and mini compressor. I bought a Slime Compressor and 2 days later got a nail in my tire. My only problem with rope plugs is sometimes they are almost impossible to insert unless you are a 400 lb gorilla. If home I've actually drilled the hole out bigger to get the plug in. I now carry smaller plugs that I haven't used yet but should be easier to insert in smaller holes. I don't remember where I got them though.

My plug insertion tool also serves as a rasp to ream out the hole. A an aside, I date and replace the rope plugs and adhesive at least every two years.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JStogner
Back