107 engine stalls ocassionally at idle

2 things, I had my 2018 in for a simple warranty issue, and they updated the ECM flash. It now idles at 900 or 950. The other, I had this issue after I updated my intake to a stage 1. It ended up being I did not have the backing plate installed correctly to the Throttle body and it had an air leak. Once I removed the black bracket behind the backing plate and re-installed the backing plate, it ran fine.

2 things, I had my 2018 in for a simple warranty issue, and they updated the ECM flash. It now idles at 900 or 950. The other, I had this issue after I updated my intake to a stage 1. It ended up being I did not have the backing plate installed correctly to the Throttle body and it had an air leak. Once I removed the black bracket behind the backing plate and re-installed the backing plate, it ran fine.

Do you have the Harley Tuner on your Trike?

I bought my 2018 Tri-Glide in October 2017. Right out of the gate I found myself stalling with RPM's idling around 800 or below...

I thought it was me and tolerated it for a short bit. Never had a problem with my clutch skills with my previous 7 bikes all Harley's.

In January of this year I had a Stage II Torque kit installed and never looked back. I like the added power and the bike feels solid and strong. For the most part I can keep up with my 2-wheeled friends. No stalling.

After having been through a few earlier motor upgrades on previous bikes I'm somewhat familiar will air fuel maps...

This issue reeks of mapping issues... just my 2 cents

Hi Matt, I was looking putting the Stage II Torque kit on my 107 17 freewheeler and when the dealer looked it up it says that the cam will not work with 17 later trikes. He was surprised and verified that all the 107's use the same stock cams. The only thing he could come up with is that they don't have an SE map for stage II trikes. What tuner do you have?

Thanks,

Confused in Dallas

Just had my second clutch switch replaced about 6000 miles after the first one. Same symptoms as before. Intermittent stall when stopped, in gear with the clutch pulled. Will not start in gear, you have to find neutral.

12000 miles on the bike. We'll see what happens at 18K

I had no problem for the first 5000 miles or so but every now and then the engine will stall out during stop & go traffic or when you pull into a parking lot with the clutch pulled in & no throttle.

It might do it once on a ride but I try to keep blipping the throttle as I come to a stop to avoid the problem or it might do it more.

It normally idles at 800 rpm which is normal I presume..

The bike starts and runs great other than that issue.

Any thoughts?

Will the bike start in gear with the clutch pulled in? There have been some issues with the safety switch not working and causing idle issues. If the bike will not start in gear with the clutch pulled in the dealer will replace the switch/unit.

Will the bike start in gear with the clutch pulled in? There have been some issues with the safety switch not working and causing idle issues. If the bike will not start in gear with the clutch pulled in the dealer will replace the switch/unit.

No it won't. Makes it fun to find neutral with a line of cars waiting for you to move. That's how I knew right away what the problem was this time...

Normally it does but not when the switch fails. That's how you know it's the switch....

After a lot of riding in the rain mine did not start in gear with clutch pulled in

I removed the clutch handle, cleaned the inside of perch area good, lubed the clevis pin with white Lithium grease and have NO problems

I think the switch half's have gotten better, tho not great, I also think the switches will work better and longer if a little care is taken over time JMO

Reactions: MDO
I had no problem for the first 5000 miles or so but every now and then the engine will stall out during stop & go traffic or when you pull into a parking lot with the clutch pulled in & no throttle.

It might do it once on a ride but I try to keep blipping the throttle as I come to a stop to avoid the problem or it might do it more.

It normally idles at 800 rpm which is normal I presume..

The bike starts and runs great other than that issue.

Any thoughts?

I fixed mine pretty easily, When I got the bike I went to the screaming eagle high flow air cleaner, so I went in there and pulled the oil breather tubes out of the air intake, I have the DK breather kit but waiting to put it in since they are coming out with a newer collection can. Either way stop the oil from going back in and problem solved. The idle never waivered the entire Biketoberfest even sitting in the main street traffic.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gyl
Back