Zip tie broke-wiring dropped on tire-No brake light

May 28, 2022
Elmira
Just did a brake wiring repair on my 99 Honda Roadsmith trike. Went on a run with some friends and they informed me my left lower brake light wasn't working. To my surprise when I was changing the bulb I discovered that the zip tie holding the wires had snapped and the wires dropped on to the tire. The tire ate through the wires severing them thus no brake light.

You might want to consider putting a additional zip tie through where the existing one is to prevent this from happening to you. It's easy and could save you a major headache not having to repair the wiring harness.

Just did a brake wiring repair on my 99 Honda roadsmith trike. Went on a run with some friends and they informed me my left lower brake light wasn't working. To my surprise when I was changing the bulb I discovered that the zip tie holding the wires had snapped and the wires dropped on to the tire. The tire ate through the wires severing them thus no brake light.

You might want to consider putting a additional zip tie through where the existing one is to prevent this from happening to you. It's easy and could save you a major headache not having to repair the wiring harness.

Hey.. Fred’ Welcome to Trike Talk.👍👍..

Fred,

I thank you, for this warn'n

This is why I like to service my own trike, *too the best of my personal ability*.............I like to look "things" over, and if "something" doesn't look right, I can either fix it, or send it out if it's over my ability...........

Ronnie

12/22/22

When Zip-ties are exposed to outside elements they are not always permanent..

There is also different quality of ties, when I first got my trike I was looking under it and found a sticky pad that they used for a zip tie anchor had turned a loose these things are terrible but a little super glue and they hold a lot longer

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrArcade
Back